The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pettersson Horvat Boeser - You call it.

fanfor42

10 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

I've warmed up to the idea of having the twins back next year. I think next season is the right time for us to push to the playoffs again and this team is always decimated by injuries throughout the year. Having two very durable veterans playing limited minutes when everyone is healthy, and taking larger roles when the inevitable injury bug hits sounds positive to me. 

I think a push to the post season next year is very likely. If we have injuries like we do now and no Sedins, that'll sink our season for sure.

I agree, they have been pleasant surprises as depth forwards and would be a great addition to next year's team at the right price.

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

That's the business end of a rebuild. If there was certainty and guys already confirmed NHL players, the rebuild would be largely 'done'. It is not.

And yet, you are "Not worried". Not even a little? 

regards,  G.

3 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

And yet, you are "Not worried". Not even a little? 

regards,  G.

Nope.

I'm pretty happy with the body of evidence Benning and Co. have put forward/built up over the past few years. I'm pretty damn comfortable watching them play that out and finish the job.

15 hours ago, J-23 said:

I want to see something like this in the future. Bo and Gaudette would be a solid one two punch, plus it opens up space for Granlund and MacEwen to come in and play that 3rd and 4th line center position.

Pettersson - Horvat - Boeser

Lind - Gaudette - Virtanen

Dahlen - Granlund - Lockwood

Laplante - MacEwen - Gadjovich

Was about to say the same... 

If Gaudette becomes as good as we hope for, he may be able to lead the second line a la Kessler, and the Pettersson would become available for the 1st line wing.

There is going to be a lot moving about with the prospects over the next 2-4 years... 

On top of the players you mentioned there is still Sutter, Gaunce, Baertschi + who ever Benning drafts over the next few years. 

But that top line looks like dynamite....

Only way I see Pettersson or Horvat on the second line will be if we sign a LW power forward to the top line :ph34r:.

Also, 1C may not be available if a certain C from Islanders become interested in serious dosh...

But yeah looking at all these future possibilities would make even a losing season seem survivable.... 

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Nope.

I'm pretty happy with the body of evidence Benning and Co. have put forward/built up over the past few years. I'm pretty damn comfortable watching them play that out and finish the job.

Agreed.  It looks like we have some really good young guys here, and coming along too.  I do think we need an elite Dman though.  Maybe it's Juiolevi?

25 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

That's cute. I'd love to put together a bunch of clips of him making quality passes but there are too many.

Wow that's the dumbest logic Iv ever heard. So if a shooter can make quality passes or vice versa he's not a shooter? Fortunately every position in the NHL forces you to become a good passer. 

17 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Wow that's the dumbest logic Iv ever heard. So if a shooter can make quality passes or vice versa he's not a shooter? Fortunately every position in the NHL forces you to become a good passer. 

Haha wow bud, you seriously consider him a shooter OVER a playmaker? The majority of the scouts don't agree with you. Yes he is a good shooter, but he is a playmaker first and foremost.

Playmakers in the NHL generally are good shooters but are known for their ability to setup plays and generate scoring chances.

"That's cute. I'd love to put together a bunch of clips of him making quality passes but there are too many."

Is Backstrom better known as a shooter or playmaker? What about Ovechkin? Both are good shooters but Backstrom has another level of playmaking and is known for it.

I'm kind of in the mind that Bo and Brock don't necessarily need to be on the same line. It's kind of like why Hall with McDavid didn't work together. There's only one puck and they both want it. 

They can each drive their own line, and having them together kind of neutralizes Bo's rushes up the ice. 

*Kane* - Pettersson - Boeser

Goldobin - Horvat - ________

Would be ideal for me. 

27 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Haha wow bud, you seriously consider him a shooter OVER a playmaker? The majority of the scouts don't agree with you. Yes he is a good shooter, but he is a playmaker first and foremost.

Playmakers in the NHL generally are good shooters but are known for their ability to setup plays and generate scoring chances.

"That's cute. I'd love to put together a bunch of clips of him making quality passes but there are too many."

Is Backstrom better known as a shooter or playmaker? What about Ovechkin? Both are good shooters but Backstrom has another level of playmaking and is known for it.

Simple, he can do both. He doesn't need a label. 

https://streamable.com/1q1zb

also this is from today 

I think any line that has Brock on it has potential to be the best line in Canucks history. 

Lets not put too much pressure on Elias and making them the first line. 

In an ideal world, 

Brock Anchors top line and he dominates with whatever line mates

Bo Anchors second line and he dominates with whatever line mates

Elias can fit anywhere on the top 6... 

Yes I do think there's potential to top the Sedins, WCE or Bure lines assembled in the past. Brock is real special. 

Archived