The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Alabama Senate Election - Jones Defeat Moore in Upset Win

DonLever

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

21,000 and he wants a recount? It's over pack up and head off to jail Moore.

He hasn't said one way or the other yet.  Since his political life is on the line, I wouldn't be surpridsed if looks to get one if Alabama allows his campaign to fund it.  I'm looking it up right now.

So far, I've found out that Alabama uses paper ballots...  "hanging chad" anybody?  :lol:

This is what I've got on Alabama contested elections:

Grounds of contest.

The election of any person declared elected to the office of Governor, Secretary of State, Auditor, Treasurer, Attorney General, Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries, Public Service Commissioner, senator or representative in the Legislature, justices of the Supreme Court, judges of the courts of appeals, judge of the circuit court or district court, or any office which is filled by the vote of a single county, or to the office of constable may be contested by any person who was at the time of either of the elections a qualified elector for any of the following causes:

(1) Malconduct, fraud, or corruption on the part of any inspector, clerk, returning officer, canvassing board, or other person.

(2) When the person whose election to office is contested was not eligible thereto at the time of such election.

(3) On account of illegal votes.

(4) On account of the rejection of legal votes.

(5) Offers to bribe, bribery, intimidation, or other malconduct calculated to prevent a fair, free, and full exercise of the elective franchise.

(6) The results of a recount conducted under Section 17-16-20 name as a winner a person other than the person initially certified.

Question is, does that cover federal and state?  Did the Alabama legislature leave it vague on purpose?

http://alisondb.legislature.state.al.us/alison/codeofalabama/1975/coatoc.htm

1 minute ago, Harvey Spector said:

The speech was the following day.  She was MIA the night of the election...

Also, she got Jill Stein to do her dirty work with the recounts...

"Last night I congratulated Donald Trump, and offered to work with him on behalf of our country."

Just now, Harvey Spector said:

The speech was the following day.  She was MIA the night of the election...

Also, she got Jill Stein to do her dirty work with the recounts...

I voted for Stein and even I think that Stein did that just to get in the public eye and look relevant.  That had nothing to do with Hillary.  Stein has Russia/Putin ties so she's done for now anyways and won't be running again.

Archived