The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vape-shaped asteroid passing Earth could be a vast alien spaceship, say scientists

J-23

10 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

Earth was originally a penal colony. They're just dropping off more prisoners. Tell them you're innocent, maybe they''ll give you a ride back.

It didn't work for Australians originally. Should have never let them off that god forsaken spider ridden hell hole of an island.....

When I started the original thread about this thing, a number of weeks ago, I said it reminds me of the syfy book Rendezvous with Rama, you can look up the thread and see, so here is an article about the scientists investigating the object and they're saying the same thing. The reference is towards the end of the article.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/12/yuri-milner-oumuamua-interstellar-asteroid/547985/

9 minutes ago, aliboy said:

When I started the original thread about this thing, a number of weeks ago, I said it reminds me of the syfy book Rendezvous with Rama, you can look up the thread and see, so here is an article about the scientists investigating the object and they're saying the same thing. The reference is towards the end of the article.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/12/yuri-milner-oumuamua-interstellar-asteroid/547985/

My bad man, didn't know there was a thread on this already.

Strange tumbling motion of cigar-shaped interstellar 'comet' Oumuamua suggests it’s an alien probe with BROKEN engines, says leading astronomer

- Oumuamua is a cigar-shaped asteroid that passed by Earth last month

- Dr Jason Wright suggests that it could be sent by an alien civilisation

- He claims that object's movement is the same as a craft whose engines failed

- Today, scientists led by Professor Stephen Hawking will use high-tech scanners to discover if Oumuamua was sent by an alien civilisation

Professor Hawking and his colleagues at Breakthrough Listen report: 'Researchers working on long-distance space transportation have previously suggested that a cigar or needle shape is the most likely architecture for an interstellar spacecraft, since this would minimise friction and damage from interstellar gas and dust.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5175235/Oumuamua-alien-probe-BROKEN-engines.html#ixzz51CEIJ9si  

It makes sense, but so does it NOT being an alien craft with failed engines. Very interesting, indeed.

3 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Strange tumbling motion of cigar-shaped interstellar 'comet' Oumuamua suggests it’s an alien probe with BROKEN engines, says leading astronomer

- Oumuamua is a cigar-shaped asteroid that passed by Earth last month

- Dr Jason Wright suggests that it could be sent by an alien civilisation

- He claims that object's movement is the same as a craft whose engines failed

- Today, scientists led by Professor Stephen Hawking will use high-tech scanners to discover if Oumuamua was sent by an alien civilisation

Professor Hawking and his colleagues at Breakthrough Listen report: 'Researchers working on long-distance space transportation have previously suggested that a cigar or needle shape is the most likely architecture for an interstellar spacecraft, since this would minimise friction and damage from interstellar gas and dust.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5175235/Oumuamua-alien-probe-BROKEN-engines.html#ixzz51CEIJ9si  

It makes sense, but so does it NOT being an alien craft with failed engines. Very interesting, indeed.

Someone made a theory that the ship could be refueling at our star, and according to scientist the colour of this object is red.

4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Someone made a theory that the ship could be refueling at our star, and according to scientist the colour of this object is red.

Or it could just be an asteroid.  Was it the comet Hale-Bop, that got that cult in LA to commit group suicide, because they believed there was an alien ship beside it?  

5 hours ago, chon derry said:

@Rob Zepp  don't know how my name got attached to the heading of this thread? I never said this.....

Actually I don't know either!?   Funnier thing is I was responding to the OP and somehow the title of the topic and your name popped up.   Alien influence?

6 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I guess anything is possible. If it isn't alien spiders I'm curious about theories as to how this thing formed given its less than common shape for a comet or meteor.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Or it could just be an asteroid.  Was it the comet Hale-Bop, that got that cult in LA to commit group suicide, because they believed there was an alien ship beside it?  

Irregularly shaped rock on a bizarre Earth fly by trajectory is the most likely. Heavens Gate is the cult you're thinking of, their website is still active, and it's still rather batty, to put it lightly.

http://www.heavensgate.com/

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's probably an asteroid, but why not have a little fun with the theories....

Then again you are an alien yourself, and probably know more than I do, Alf ;).

39 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I guess anything is possible. If it isn't alien spiders I'm curious about theories as to how this thing formed given its less than common shape for a comet or meteor.

I think it came outta one them there black holes...........:blink:

15 minutes ago, aliboy said:

The radio telescope began observing the object at noon our time, just minutes ago, and will observe for 10 hours. It will pick up a signal as week as a cell phone.

Part of me hopes they detect nothing and determine it is nothing but a poo shaped rock. People here have a hard enough time dealing with Earth issues, let alone extraterrestrial ones. 

Archived