The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks shopping for top 9 forward

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-what-s-the-likelihood-of-the-sens-trading-karlsson~1283029

If you fast forward to about 3:10 in the video

Pierre Lebrun says Jim Benning in light of the injuries to Bo Horvat and Sven Baertschi, has been out looking for another top 9 scoring forward.  Has called most teams but hasn't found any traction as of yet.

Just thought I share this in case some might have not seen it.

The roster freeze is in a week - from the 19th to the 27th.  Players cannot be traded, waived or loaned during that time.

Once the freeze is lifted there will only be 3 games left until the 4 week mark for both Horvat and Baertschi.  

6 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-what-s-the-likelihood-of-the-sens-trading-karlsson~1283029

If you fast forward to about 3:10 in the video

Pierre Lebrun says Jim Benning in light of the injuries to Bo Horvat and Sven Baertschi, has been out looking for another top 9 scoring forward.  Has called most teams but hasn't found any traction as of yet.

Just thought I share this in case some might have not seen it.

IF he wasn't, then that would be news worthy. He gets paid to do more than try and improve the team. Every day, every GM is 'in the hunt' & Vancouver is no exception.

3 minutes ago, KKnight said:

I could see us getting Pageau or Reinhart. Hoffman would be awesome if he became available, but the cost would be too much. 

Sam Reinhart? He is going to cost quite a bit more than Pageau would. Hoffman would be a scoring winger option, I think if we went after a top 6 winger we would want some grit. Maybe Boone Jenner type?

1 minute ago, Yotes said:

Sam Reinhart? He is going to cost quite a bit more than Pageau would. Hoffman would be a scoring winger option, I think if we went after a top 6 winger we would want some grit. Maybe Boone Jenner type?

Canucks cannot give up any picks or prospects no matter what. They should be trading vets for picks and prospects, not the other way around.

23 minutes ago, mll said:

The roster freeze is in a week - from the 19th to the 27th.  Players cannot be traded, waived or loaned during that time.

Once the freeze is lifted there will only be 3 games left until the 4 week mark for both Horvat and Baertschi.  

I think a decent GM would observe not trading anyone well before that cut off date... Hard to make a move in Dec I imagine. I'd be interested in whos been traded in December..

15 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Something like Hutton & Scam Gagme to Mtl

for Andrew Shaw(lousy contract, but feisty) & Jordie Benn(or Schlemko)

I love Andrew Shaw and would be all for this. His contract was perfectly fine for what he did on the Blackhawks. But take him away from that dynamic and it's lost. He is a bruiser. 

Image result for andrew shaw cut

1 minute ago, JamesBlondage said:

I don't see how that trade would make the Canucks any better...

Yeah..fair comment. Was trying to think of semi-skilled guys that would make us harder to play against.

We're bringing in a load of kids over the next half-decade. I'd like us to have 4 or 5 aggressive types sprinkled in, throughout the lineup. Dorsett could've been a good one, in that regard.

5 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Boone Jenner is the player I wanted the Canucks to take when they selected Nicklas Jensen...always thought they took the wrong General. 

Archived