The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

42 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Well, the team is AHL calibre When factoring in all the injuries. 

At this point, we know we are going to lose until we get some key bodies back. I'd rather have a team that will beat up the other team while we lose rather than a team of little guys that try to win while failing miserably and getting embarrassed physically. 

Well, the team is AHL calibre

Considering that the current coach, Travis Green, is just cutting his teeth as an NHL head coach after being an AHL coach, you have to give the man a little latitude. I can't and won't play the devil's advocate and pretend to be an armchair coach, GM or President. I simply love the game of hockey because, well, I am a born and raised Canadian, and that's what we do. I live in the Metro Vancouver area, so I make Vancouver Canucks as my team, but I watch a lot of hockey and enjoy the efforts of a lot of players whether they be rookies, sophomores, or veterans.  I even remember Green as a player and his greasy mullet haircut, so classic, puts a smile on my face.

The Canucks are young, and if anything suffer for the lack of veterans. The Sedins are still statesmen of the game, and still in great condition, but they also understand their role and accept they need to move out of the first line role, oddly they remain healthy and put anyone with them and goals happen. Yet it is not their job to carry the team, it never was. Teams are suppose to have four lines. Other players must step up. Ergo, young team, not enough NHL experience, not everyone who steps into to the NHL is an instant star and it may take time to hit their stride. Look how Vancouver gifted Boston with Cam Neely for superstar Barry Pederson. Gee gosh, thanks a lot Harry Neale, and to make things even worse is Boston got a draft pick that became a real top notch defenceman and genuine gentleman, Glen Wesley. No wonder the Canucks need a towel.....to cry into. (Oh yeah, Iain MacIntyre I'm after your job, okay, not really)

Cheers

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

The most pathetic part was Auston Watson taking liberties with Chris Tanev when we were down 4-1 and not having anyone show some fight.  

This is exactly why useless Chaput has to go and Labate should be playing. The guy seems to be on every other damn goal against making bad some errors in that mix.

Also our defense has been horrendous and these mistakes by Del Zotto and company just can't happen and it might be time for coach to teach some guys a hard lesson and sit players like Del Zotto, Edler  Gagner who are making more errors than the kids who constantly get the book thrown at them by the coaches.

Seeing this soft play by the vets when the team really needs them is absolutely sickening.

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yeah, nobody really knew what happened during the game. But apparently, he fell awkwardly after a late hit by Watson. He came back during the commercial break to test his right leg/ankle, and it didn't feel good and was done for the night. After the game, he was spotted limping in the hallway - not a good sign.

Thanks for the info. Not good news for the canucks :(

Just now, NuckForReal!!! said:

Thanks for the info. Not good news for the canucks :(

No problem. If Chris Tanev is out for an extended period of time, hoping for a spot in the playoffs would look more bleak than what the current situation is now. Unless they have an unimaginable run during the months of January, February and March. Even that sounds hard to imagine with the tough schedule and more potential injuries.

9 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

stoped watching, but how was that virtanen hit called roughing? that was clean. 

He wasn't called on the hit.  He was called for his stick catching Emelin in the face on the hit.  Legit penalty.  If anything he should have gotten 4 minutes since Emelin was cut on the play

13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yeah, nobody really knew what happened during the game. But apparently, he fell awkwardly after a late hit by Watson. He came back during the commercial break to test his right leg/ankle, and it didn't feel good and was done for the night. After the game, he was spotted limping in the hallway - not a good sign.

A Tanev injury would be as huge of a blow as the team having Horvat out. Tanev is a rock and the team would give up at least a goal more a game without him game in game out is our best and only defender that can be counted on other than Stecher. 

4 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

He wasn't called on the hit.  He was called for his stick catching Emelin in the face on the hit.  Legit penalty.  If anything he should have gotten 4 minutes since Emelin was cut on the play

oh thought it was the hit, my bad

Hockey is and always been an emotional game of team pride and honor. Yes, it does get rough, and sometimes down right nasty our there, but that had always been part of the game. Well until the presence of Wayne Gretzky who after had his glory in the spotlight with the Edmonton Oilers with the protection of the constant police patrol and brutality of Dave Cementhead, er.... sorry Semenko, decided to publicly claim that hockey was far too violent. What? Excuse me? Oh, Wayne had been traded to the Los Angeles Kings and the American media was claiming that hockey was too violent. Yes, the very same media that adores professional boxing and the entertainment version of professional wrestling which by all standards is way beyond the stretch of imagination of violent, but oh my, NHL hockey, we don't want that on our network television, way too violent for us middle class Americans.

Whether or not you love or hate Don Cherry, or don't care, at least he still is all about rock 'em sock 'em hockey. So am I. Gary "Count Chocula" Bettman has turned the NHL into a bunch of milquetoast whiners in his own image. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Archived