The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I thought so.

same here.

this is gonna irritate many. But watching more tape I don't even think what pk did was even a punch.

kind of a half punch, half intent to hug.

Anyhow, I don't really care that much about that (as a Habs homer here pointed out, it didn't even phase Jake) - and have no problem with what Virtanen did for the most part - he simply should have kept his stick down and laid Emelin out cleanly - that would have been the ideal message from the young guy.  It looked like that was what it was from the net-side angle - the later angle from behind Virtanen clearly shows him riding his stick through the hit zone and deserving the penalty he took.  Response warranted, but Subban is annoying, so fk him. 

I dont want to see Virtanen labelled/targetted as a problem by the league though - he's playing cautiously enough as it is - and he has a history of shoulder problems, so he needs to be smart about his physical game.

2 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Joe, I've been around as long as this team has been around. I see a few games every year, and that debacle last night was absolutely terrible if you are a Canuck fan. That effort last night might have been top five worst. I tried really hard to find one player that was noticeable, not one was. When the highlight of the night is a fan winning a car, you know it's bad. Passes in skates, suspect goaltending on at least 3 goals, shorthanded goals against, getting outshot two to one, own goal, defensive coverage was horrible, it was pretty bad. Hopefully, the new core is worth waiting for.

This was what the other teams looked like when the Canucks had those Cup contenders. Believe me, Smashville is one of them. When a team is so deep at center, that they have to play Bonino on the wing, you know they are deep. 

John, That's a long time when I think about. I listened to a lot of radio back then as TV 24/7 didn't exist then. Robson made it pretty entertaining. 

I remember a game in Calgary when the only two Canucks who showed up were Linden and Gino Odjick. Both incredibly entertaining in their own way. 

8 minutes ago, combover said:

Blindfolded dodge ball sound good, trust falls and back rubs ...I don’t want touch these guys and it opens you up to sexual harassment nowadays.

you act like they don’t care or don’t know that they looked terrible and got embarrassed on every level, you really think one little guy jumpinng up and down having a tatuarum (torts) like a two year old would change that or get them to be more accountable next game.

I just don’t see it that way and to be total honest the younger generation from my experience just shuts down and it becomes very counter productive.

+1

13 hours ago, Odd. said:

pathetic team

Surprised? All the 'experts' were wrong before the season? I find it amazing when fans seem to think that the rebuild is done and the team should already be competitive. A rebuild takes a decade, there are no shortcuts. We are looking at another 3 to 4 years like last year and this year, at a minimum- depending on lottery luck. Edmonton would still be uncompetitive if they had not won on McDavid. This is not a pathetic team, this is a team under construction. Big difference.

1 minute ago, coastal1 said:

Surprised? All the 'experts' were wrong before the season? I find it amazing when fans seem to think that the rebuild is done and the team should already be competitive. A rebuild takes a decade, there are no shortcuts. We are looking at another 3 to 4 years like last year and this year, at a minimum- depending on lottery luck. Edmonton would still be uncompetitive if they had not won on McDavid. This is not a pathetic team, this is a team under construction. Big difference.

Edmonton had how many first overall picks?? And they still suck lol

-I thought Virtanen played a pretty good game, he is a little snake bitten out there but was very noticeable.  He is going to be a real asset for us once he starts finishing more of his chances.

-Boeser will usually score on at at least 1 of those chances he had.  He is going to have a lot less time and space with his two linemates out.

-I want to be optimistic about Goldobin, but if he is not putting up points, I can't see him sticking in the NHL.  Now is his opportunity to earn his spot.  I don't think he is going to be a long term piece here, he doesn't look like a top 6 guy.  

1 minute ago, coastal1 said:

Yes, there are. That was the intent of free agency. It takes bold and daring trades. It takes drafting player ready to play, like Horvat, not 3 or 4 year projects.

And yes, under this regime it will be another 3 to 4 years or longer.

And this is...I wouldn't say pathetic, but built for the wrong league, small, soft, emotionless, fragile and business like. Winning or losing, they get paid the same.

2 hours ago, combover said:

I don’t want him to call guys out with the media. It doesn’t instill anything except distrust and resentment.

especially with Vancouver rat media looking to make a HUGE story out of little comment.

I hate seeing coachs throw guys under the bus then expect them to go bleed for them.

ask confindence crusher Willie how tossing players under the bus with the press  works out.

they played poorly does it really need to be said, do you honestly think they don’t know it. Why feed the rats.

I agree with you, but it's frustrating as hell.  Everyone has to take accountability, especially with their play. DAMN it's frustrating.

2 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Yes, there are. That was the intent of free agency. It takes bold and daring trades. It takes drafting player ready to play, like Horvat, not 3 or 4 year projects.

And yes, under this regime it will be another 3 to 4 years or longer.

what a load of crap wadr.   are you truly whining that the transition is taking too long?

The recent results weren't unexpected. It's also not just because Bo is out. It is a cumulative effect of our lineup missing two of our most physical players as well as our top two centers and two thirds of our top line. Dorsett was big, but also missing Guddy, Sutter, Baertschi, and Bo takes a big chunk out of our team.

What I find disappointing was our team game and the puck support by our forwards in the defensive zone. That kind of play will only result in more losses.

9 minutes ago, combover said:

Blindfolded dodge ball sound good, trust falls and back rubs ...I don’t want touch these guys and it opens you up to sexual harassment nowadays.

1)you act like they don’t care or don’t know that they looked terrible and got embarrassed on every level, 2)you really think one little guy jumpinng up and down having a tatuarum (torts) like a two year old would change that or get them to be more accountable next game.

I just don’t see it that way and to be total honest the younger generation from my experience just shuts down and it becomes very counter productive.

1)They looked like they didn't care tonight. 

2) Somebody has to have some emotion.

I run a large forestry crew in one of the most physically grueling occupations in the country. I manage lots of kids 18-30  including providing housing and dealing wit the HR issues that arrise in said housing or on the work site. I can say that some kids most certainly need you to crawl inside their ear to get a message through. Hockey is a game played with emotion adrenaline and heart. I didn't see any of that last night. I saw pouty face feelin sorry lil beaches. That's not how you channel emotion into anything positive.

10 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

Edmonton had how many first overall picks?? And they still suck lol

Detroit had how many first round picks and ????? they were a power house for over 2 decades!

It all starts at the top. Right now the two management groups mirror each other, I mean the bad Edmonton group that you refer to.

BTW Edmonton is 4 pts behind with a game in hand and starting to play well again.

33 minutes ago, PuckFather said:

Welcome to Vancouver, Rasmus Dahlin!! 

Last year, NJ 70 points= 1st overall pick, Colorado 48 points and 4th pick. It is more luck than losing. The luckiest of the non playoff teams will get Dahlin, and the odds are that this will not be the worst team. Colorado last year had 18% chances of picking first which means 82% chances of NOT picking first. No surprise at all that they did not pick first!!

Archived