The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

I'm going to skip blaming misfortune, defensive adventures, specific players and officiating blunders/wonders for a truly profound statement. (Keep in mind the first 5 mins of the game drove me to a place named: Whisky Straight.)

We need some balls. After the 2-0 goal, I missed me sane Dorsett. 

He would have changed the game.

Jake's hit, beautiful and legit as it was, was 50 minutes late. The "scrum" afterwards was the saddest moment of the year. 

Zero balls.

I don't feel much like chatting so pardon me, but I'm gonna wrap some presents and continue to empty this bottle.

2 minutes ago, shazzam said:

wow can't believe Hartnell did that and no one responded. That was just sad. #ALPHA

This team will not develop a backbone until the sedins, Eriksson, and Edler core are gone. The mantra is to play nice and make friends while being respectful.  It sets the tone and we can all see the product on the ice.  Charmin soft even when getting humiliated in front of their own fans and physically rag dolled, they do nothing except for Jake the kid.  Just an embarrassing display and no excuse for it.

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“When it gets to 5-1, we have to play with some pride, play for Anders, and we didn’t, and that can’t happen.” - Henrik

I’m sick of hearing the right words from these guys over and over but when it comes time to actually do something...more of the same. 

Just now, oldnews said:

Was wondering who, if anyone, would be the Canuck that showed some appropriate anger?

Nilsson

and

Virtanen.

Keepers.

Probably the only two guys Dorsett would be proud of tonight.

I got a feeling that JB will address this hole.  After the Calgary series where Ferkland was running around and drilling all the d men he went out and got Guddy and I think thats when he drafted Tryamkin.  When someone questioned him on the radio about the lack of toughness with Dorsett and Guddy out he said he would give it a few games and re-assess the situation.  Maybe he tries to fill the hole...not sure how at this point but something has to be done.  I wonder if we see Archibald/MacEwen?

It's clear that Benning will have a job to do in near future that depth needs to be made for injures to top 6, not bottom 6 injuries.   All 5 UFA signee were made for depth on bottom 6 but nothing to rectify any injury to our top 6 (Horvat) even Sutter.   Gagner is not a top 6 and it's clear to see that.  He has not earned a spot on this team and still on the team unearned.  

Archived