The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, PredsFanFromLa said:

No way is that a clean hit,for one his feet leaves the ice.hope the nhl looks at 

Hope you noticed how your hero pk delays until Jake goes past him so he can jump him from behind.then add Hartnell's  bull$&!#.  Celebrating goal 7 like it was meaningful and running our players when you have a 6 goal lead. Nashville used to have a classy team. Seems like success has taken that away.

5 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

I got a feeling that JB will address this hole.  After the Calgary series where Ferkland was running around and drilling all the d men he went out and got Guddy and I think thats when he drafted Tryamkin.  When someone questioned him on the radio about the lack of toughness with Dorsett and Guddy out he said he would give it a few games and re-assess the situation.  Maybe he tries to fill the hole...not sure how at this point but something has to be done.  I wonder if we see Archibald/MacEwen?

I think Archie is hurt and it's up to Macewen to fill that role at this level right now imho

Just now, Great Granny said:

As a human being you should never let anyone take a cheap shot at you like that. It's embarrassing and humiliating. Maybe I just have a short fuse but I'd have tackled him and started dropping bombs. Unfortunately we're in for another full generation of this pacifist culture.

i just saw it again, he had his bare hand out and practically went for their eyes.   yeah, show some backbone. Too many of the same type of player.  

We deserved the win against Nashville in their arena. But part of that was that, like in a few other cites this season, we took them a little by surprise. This time they wanted payback and weren't afraid to pile it on right till the last whistle. They were asking for that Virtanen smack down. The difference obviously between this game and that one is we are massively hobbled by injuries, and wracked with a loss of team confidence. And of course its the most productive players, O and D, that are filling the injury ward. We were easy pickin's tonight. Then add the fluke factor in a few of those goals. Boeser may miss out on the Calder this year if you consider his most productive linemates are both out for a quarter of the season. If Tanev is out again we know the Hockey Gods must just be reading the eastern media's press about the Canucks. They hate us just as much.

Just now, Shirotashi said:

How in gods name does Goldobin get singled out in a 7-1 loss? All our D core should be well ahead of Goldobin in the blame department.

Name another player and I’ll agree with that too. 

Goldobin certainly didn’t help himself tonight though. 

2 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Hope you noticed how your hero pk delays until Jake goes past him so he can jump him from behind.then add Hartnell's  bull$&!#.  Celebrating goal 7 like it was meaningful and running our players when you have a 6 goal lead. Nashville used to have a classy team. Seems like success has taken that away.

Do you think Vancouver have a crap when they blew teams out in 2011?

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I'm not concerned with execution or effort right now. I thought the first two periods we had a pretty good effort. You look at the goals, there's 3 weird bouncing goals. A shorthanded goal. And that's hard on the psyche of a team that isn't going to score easy." - Green

He must be trying to protect his players in the media because he’s being hard on them in private. 

That’s my guess/hope. 

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Definite suspension for Subban.

Blindside sucker.

Cowardly, punk move.

I agree with your assessment especially since pk delays until Jake is past him so he can jump him from behind but...You are delusional if you think the nhl will do anything to pk for that.

On the other hand , I will not be surprised to find out that they are considering disciplining Jake. It's just how it works.

3 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

How in gods name does Goldobin get singled out in a 7-1 loss? All our D core should be well ahead of Goldobin in the blame department.

I think Goldobin got singled out because he was back in the lineup and looking to prove something with a coach who doesn't have complete confidence in him yet and he didn't look good.

The best parts from the game was:

-the fan wearing the Ohlund jersey winning the car after shooting the puck in the net.

-Boeser getting another point, heard on the radio the other day that he has a good chance to represent the Nucks at the All Star game.

-Anders Nilsson smashing his hockey stick over the cross bar, he is doing the Johnny Canuck version of chopping wood.

Archived