The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Carolina/Van & Flames/Van (Proposal/Discussion)

KKnight

Just a couple proposals. 

So Carolina is looking like a non playoff team again. I WAS looking at the make up of their team and it looks like they have no physicality on the back end and could use more forward depth. 

VAN: Justin Faulk( 7pts in 30gp) & pick or prospect. 

CAR: Guddy, Sven or Granny. 

FAULK is having a down year, but is something we are missing on the right side for our D. I see our team transitioning in the next couple seasons, to a fast transitional team who amps up the speed of play. Faulk would help this. 

GUDDY provides them some much needed leadership on the back end and toughness, seeing as though they have Hanifin, Pesce they could pick up the PP duties. SVEN provides them with some depth in the forwards. I just see him being pushed out of here, Goldobin etc. 

Next trade. 

VAN: Sam Bennett 

CAL: Jake Virtanen 

I Know this could bite us in the ass. But, I don't see Virtanen being a top 6 for us in the future and he isn't nearly as physical as Bennet, but he should be because he's built like a brick $&!#house.

Bennett has been in trade discussions the last year and a bit. I personally like his game. He's a spark plug, great on the forecheck, gritty, has scoring potential, perfect for the 2nd/3rd line. I Think Travis could really help excel his game. 

What do you think?? 

Andddddddd goooooo. 

Justin Faulk is having an off year statistically but no way will Carolina trade him and a pick for any of those 3. He's their co-captain. I see a lot of proposals on hf board that have Faulk for Marner and they are never well received.

Bennett for Virtanen is a fair deal in my opinion. I'm a little indifferent to each player to be honest. I'd be happy whether we made the trade or not

57 minutes ago, KKnight said:

Just a couple proposals. 

So Carolina is looking like a non playoff team again. I WAS looking at the make up of their team and it looks like they have no physicality on the back end and could use more forward depth. 

FAULK is having a down year, but is something we are missing on the right side for our D. I see our team transitioning in the next couple seasons, to a fast transitional team who amps up the speed of play. Faulk would help this. 

GUDDY provides them some much needed leadership on the back end and toughness, seeing as though they have Hanifin, Pesce they could pick up the PP duties. SVEN provides them with some depth in the forwards. I just see him being pushed out of here, Goldobin etc. 

Next trade. 

I Know this could bite us in the ass. But, I don't see Virtanen being a top 6 for us in the future and he isn't nearly as physical as Bennet, but he should be because he's built like a brick $&!#house.

Bennett has been in trade discussions the last year and a bit. I personally like his game. He's a spark plug, great on the forecheck, gritty, has scoring potential, perfect for the 2nd/3rd line. I Think Travis could really help excel his game. 

What do you think?? 

Andddddddd goooooo. 

While he may not get as many "hits" per game as Bennet, Jakes few hits have the potential to be devastating, game-changing, clean hits. You can't give that type of player to Calgary, even if the deal seems good. Can you imagine if Jake connects the dots and matures and a prime Tkachuck on the same line? That would be horrendous to play every year for the next decade!

Edit: Case and point: I don't' see Sam "18 year old" Bennett doing these types of hits.

6 hours ago, Canuck_In_Paradise said:

While he may not get as many "hits" per game as Bennet, Jakes few hits have the potential to be devastating, game-changing, clean hits. You can't give that type of player to Calgary, even if the deal seems good. Can you imagine if Jake connects the dots and matures and a prime Tkachuck on the same line? That would be horrendous to play every year for the next decade!

Edit: Case and point: I don't' see Sam "18 year old" Bennett doing these types of hits.

Yeah, you're right. Bennett would have made that hit when it was 3-1 and might have made an impact on the game instead of Virtanen just doing it out of frustration and probably wouldn't have gotten 14mins in penalties on the hit and ensuing scrum.

8 hours ago, Canuck_In_Paradise said:

righto

wake me up when it is fully realized

i do want jake to succeed

but he is taking a long and winding road to get there

not sure he is actually gonna arrive

28 minutes ago, mll said:

Bennett is pretty feisty and doesn't shy from physicality.  He's been in more fights in the NHL than Virtanen and hits just as much as him.

I have a feeling not too many individuals are overly interested in mixing it up with Jake.  Say what you want about his development... he is still one big strong boy.  

yeah im not tryna trade Virtanen to calgary and have to face Tkachuk and Virtanen for the next 10+ years smacking us over.

Bennett is redundant for us. He's horrible at center and we don't need him at winger. isn't fast nor is he skilled. Virtanen brings a different kind of element to this team. His speed is something I've never seen in a long time since Bure. 

And pretty sure both teams wouldnt do this trade not only cause they're rivals but it doesn't make sense at all. Better to just keep em.

Can't wait until next year where we hopefully see Gaudette with Virtanen.

7 hours ago, coastal.view said:

righto

Patience mate, it's coming in spurts BUT it is happening more regularly this season than others (the first season he was more physical, but all he was trying to do was hit and didn't play a good 200ft game). Green's getting the most out of him, lets just wait and see where that takes us.

6 hours ago, Odd. said:

yeah im not tryna trade Virtanen to calgary and have to face Tkachuk and Virtanen for the next 10+ years smacking us over.

Bennett is redundant for us. He's horrible at center and we don't need him at winger. isn't fast nor is he skilled. Virtanen brings a different kind of element to this team. His speed is something I've never seen in a long time since Bure. 

And pretty sure both teams wouldnt do this trade not only cause they're rivals but it doesn't make sense at all. Better to just keep em.

Can't wait until next year where we hopefully see Gaudette with Virtanen.

^^^This. If a trade is in the works for Jake, just don't send him to a rival. Then again, if the owners sell and the team is relocated down to Houston, they wouldn't be rivals anymore now would they :lol::lol:

4 minutes ago, Canuck_In_Paradise said:

^^^This. If a trade is in the works for Jake, just don't send him to a rival. Then again, if the owners sell and the team is relocated down to Houston, they wouldn't be rivals anymore now would they :lol::lol:

haha

20 hours ago, coastal.view said:

righto

They often say power forwards take a little longer to develop. Honestly if Virtanen ends up a 3rd line winger that can move up if needed that brings offense, speed and physicality (similar to a David Booth prior to all the injuries) I'll be happy.

You hope for more with a 6th overall pick, but considering how many 1st rounders bust, I'll take it as a win

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:54 PM, KKnight said:

Just a couple proposals. 

Next trade. 

What do you think?? 

Andddddddd goooooo. 

Value wise, maybe a tad light on cost to acquire Faulk. He has had parts of seasons he was considered a Norris candidate. Never got to that level. But a 23 or 25 minute per night RHD and score 40 points is still worth something.  He also can play top match ups. Lets call it a fair opening offer? But on the money with the 2knd trade.

Problem I have with both trades is, like Carolina, we lack in physical size and speed.  So components like Jake or Guddy are not high on my preferred out the door list.

3 hours ago, HockeydownUnder said:

They often say power forwards take a little longer to develop. Honestly if Virtanen ends up a 3rd line winger that can move up if needed that brings offense, speed and physicality (similar to a David Booth prior to all the injuries) I'll be happy.

You hope for more with a 6th overall pick, but considering how many 1st rounders bust, I'll take it as a win

i'd be quite content

if he became a total team guy for a couple of years till he masters the nhl game

and plays on the 4th line with gaunce and whoever

and works on developing a much more physical, bruising, and agitating game

and look after his teammates

once he has sorted out the nhl game he can move up the line up roster

as we saw with both kesler and burrows do in the past

they first sorted out their physical agitating games before their offense blossomed

but they both had that very focused attitude

those 2 would be excellent role models for jake

Archived