The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Bruins waive Matt Belesky

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

*Beleskey

Bruins have some fantastic top end talent. Problem is, they have failed numerous times in providing a decent supporting cast (Beleskey, Connolly, Hayes...). Not to mention the retarded Hamilton trade - and the THREE misses at a Barzal, Chabot, or Boeser-level player - and it's a wonder how Sweeney still has a job.

No thankyou 

We have an abundance of depth in overpaid underperforming  vets.

Although 

....lebate....ta da.

Shazam ....Archie 

grit solved cost nothing doesn’t work out POOF back to the farm.

to complicated obviously.but why would you give the farm hands a chance when you can overpay ufas to underperform.

21 minutes ago, D-Money said:

*Beleskey

Bruins have some fantastic top end talent. Problem is, they have failed numerous times in providing a decent supporting cast (Beleskey, Connolly, Hayes...). Not to mention the retarded Hamilton trade - and the THREE misses at a Barzal, Chabot, or Boeser-level player - and it's a wonder how Sweeney still has a job.

That one draft could have completely revamped their cupboards.  Luckily they hit the jackpot with player they drafted the next year but still lots of question marks made by that franchise. 

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

That one draft could have completely revamped their cupboards.  Luckily they hit the jackpot with player they drafted the next year but still lots of question marks made by that franchise. 

Yeah, McAvoy is definitely something special. But it's been 1 step forward, 2 steps back for that franchise for a while now.

Seguin, Boychuk, Hamilton, Connolly, Subban...how many times can they get completely bent over and still remain relevant? In a couple years, Chara will be retired, Bergeron will be regressing, and Rask will be a shell of his former self (already half-way there). I think the major whiff at the 2015 draft will be felt hard at that point.

5 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Yeah, McAvoy is definitely something special. But it's been 1 step forward, 2 steps back for that franchise for a while now.

Seguin, Boychuk, Hamilton, Connolly, Subban...how many times can they get completely bent over and still remain relevant? In a couple years, Chara will be retired, Bergeron will be regressing, and Rask will be a shell of his former self (already half-way there). I think the major whiff at the 2015 draft will be felt hard at that point.

Yeah. I agree. I’m actually shocked they’ve held on this long. They seem to get luckly and find some players that sneak through other teams. Pastrnak, McAvoy, and swayman is having an good start this year.  Debrusk looks good be he’s not going to change there franchise. Don’t know what it is but would every year i predict them to take a bigger dip they somehow prove me wrong and it makes me hate them even more. But I think your right. They are at the latter half of their core. 

51 minutes ago, Pears said:

I think we make a claim for him either way imo. Exactly the kind of player we need right now. 

3.8M cap hit for two years after this season.

Canucks have also no cap space to make a claim unless they trade out 3.8M.

5 minutes ago, mll said:

3.8M cap hit for two years after this season.

Canucks have also no cap space to make a claim unless they trade out 3.8M.

We have cap relief from horvat baerstchi sutter and gudbranson. I'm pretty sure we can swing the 3.8 mill if we wanted to . 

7 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

We have cap relief from horvat baerstchi sutter and gudbranson. I'm pretty sure we can swing the 3.8 mill if we wanted to . 

LTIR does not allow to bank cap space.  Also they would need the space back to take them off IR.  
It's not possible without trading a substantial contract away.

They are roughly at the cap.  They could put Horvat on LTIR - he misses at least 10 games or 24 days.  They can now add Beleskey and his 3.8M.  They are then above the cap by roughly 3.8M.  Horvat is then back healthy.  They can't take him off LTIR because they are 3.8M above the cap.

What about waiving Gagner. I would think he isn't claimed, but we would save 1.25 million off his cap hit ($375,000+ league minimum salary, $650,000) playing for Utica. Along with LTIR we should be able to fit Belesky under the cap. Anyone for Belesky over Gagner?

16 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Will they take Gagner for Beleskey? please?

That was my first thought as well.

However, Beleskey had 8 points in 49 games last year, and zero in 14 games this season. Gagner has at least picked up 11 points for us so far. For a team that struggles to score, this move would only make that worse.

Beleskey was always a gritty guy who gets a few points but seems to have gone in the tank this year and perhaps last year as well. This either spells red flags and stay away or that he isn't being deployed as to his potential. Considering the risk and the years 2 and 3 on his contract I would say to pass.

30 minutes ago, mll said:

LTIR does not allow to bank cap space.  Also they would need the space back to take them off IR.  
It's not possible without trading a substantial contract away.

They are roughly at the cap.  They could put Horvat on LTIR - he misses at least 10 games or 24 days.  They can now add Beleskey and his 3.8M.  They are then above the cap by roughly 3.8M.  Horvat is then back healthy.  They can't take him off LTIR because they are 3.8M above the cap.

This might be the most misunderstood topic on CDC. I have given up trying to explain the effect or lack thereof that LTIR has on a team's salary cap. You just cannot convince people that you cannot bank LTIR salaries for cap relief.

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

*Beleskey

Still can’t believe after three consecutive picks that Boston didn’t take Barzal and then Edmonton trades the pick to take Barzal for Griffen Reinhart. How do some of these GMs have jobs.

Archived