The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Team Canada Junior squad vs. USports

Ossi Vaananen

I know it's highly speculative at this point but all reports I've read seem to be pointing at a couple things:

1.  Gadjovich is working his way onto this team with his play (his net presence and shot generation will be invaluable to Team Canada imo).

2.  Lind is sadly working his way off this team (not assuming in any way he had a spot to begin with but his Canada/Russia series was great and this mini-camp, not so much)

3.  The b/u goaltender position is DiPietro's to lose. 

Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

I know it's highly speculative at this point but all reports I've read seem to be pointing at a couple things:

1.  Gadjovich is working his way onto this team with his play (his net presence and shot generation will be invaluable to Team Canada imo).

2.  Lind is sadly working his way off this team (not assuming in any way he had a spot to begin with but his Canada/Russia series was great and this mini-camp, not so much)

3.  The b/u goaltender position is DiPietro's to lose. 

Time will tell. 

Exciting times to be a canucks fan. Fingers crossed Lind gets going and shows why he was invited to camp! 

11 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Hmm. Crazy that Glass, such a high pick in last year's draft, wouldn't make the team. Is he having a poor year?

From what I gathered, it was a mediocre showing at camp that did him in.

6 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Down to DiPietro and Point for the backup spot. 

McKenzie floated the idea that both Point and DiPietro could make the team since Point is an NCAA goalie and isn't subjected to the CHL rule that states that any goalie on the team has to dress for at least one game at the World Juniors. I don't know who would be favoured to be the backup, though.

Archived