The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sharks @ Canucks - Fri, Dec 15 @ 7PM - SNP

Baer.

20 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I remember cringing when seeing that hit. Looked brutal. Right in the numbers with the reff. picking his nose. Not sure why Tanev turned into the boards though. With a  three goal lead in the third he probably thought smashville would tone things down. I love his defensive game but he needs to stop being such a pillow and start dishing/pre-empting a bit to create some deterrent. Too much like Henrik.

1 hour ago, hobart16 said:

I would be a little surprised if Goldy is in tonight.  Or Chaput.  Green doesn't punish you for an isolated mistake but if he feels you're overall effort wasn't there he will sit you.  

Our goaltenders have gone from top 10 in the league to 20 and 21.  So to average that far down, we have had several pretty rough outings and steady decline in that department.  How much of that is due to the 15-20 face-offs we are no longer getting without Sutter or Horvat?  How much is due to no longer having Baertschi intercepting passes or Gud keeping the crease cleaner? Some for sure but the goalies haven't been great lately. And the D is just having a hell of a time getting the puck and moving it out of the zone efficiently.  On top of that Vanek all of a sudden looks too slow and out of sync with his linemates, and Ganger remains a mystery as to how he scored any goals.  Granny is being asked to do much more than be a 3d line center and it isn't going all that great for him.  The 4th line has been getting big minutes in clutch situations and done OK, better than OK, but we are 0-4 in the process so not much credit to be given there.  

No Tanev is going to be painful.  We squeaked out some points last time he was out, but that was when we had Bo and Baertschi.  Maybe we can go back to Edler/Stecher which was a decent pairing last year. Never liked Edler with Tanev.  With Biega, Pouliot, Stecher, Hutton we have some real speed and skating there but zero size.  No rebounds allowed or we could be in for it.  Gong to have to look for a 2-1 result to get the win behind Marky tonight.  He has to step up and say this job belongs to him.  Any stumbling around and the coaches will be left scratching their heads awhile longer and staring wistfully at Demko's stats.  

Thats the understatement of this season. Granlund played an average of 17 mins last season and scored at a 22-25 goal and 45-50pt pace in his 69 games. Hes playing 16 mins a game this season and is on pace for 10 goals and 16pts. I think most fans (and management) were thinking he'd easily be a 20-25 goal and 45-50pt guy but hes basically been invisible this year and if you say its because its how TG is using him then TG is an idiot for stifling one of the few offensive weapons he has.

6 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

I remember cringing when seeing that hit. Looked brutal. Right in the numbers with the reff. picking his nose. Not sure why Tanev turned into the boards though. With a  three goal lead in the third he probably thought smashville would tone things down. I love his defensive game but he needs to stop being such a pillow and start dishing/pre-empting a bit to create some deterrent. Too much like Henrik.

It's amazing how Gudbranson can pull a hit similar to whatever douchebag on Nashville made that hit on Tanev, but Gudbranson gets a suspension, and the Nashville player gets sweet FA.

Once again, I'm developing a whole new respect for Dennis Wideman.

26 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Was looking for something more official, aGENT. I do trust Dhaliwal and that son of a Biech....but this ain't official!

I need stamps of approval! Team doctor's with charts! I need.......well, what I really need is booze, but that will have to wait.

Like this guy after a long hard day at work?

89cfd887bb976bcfdfcf21f9ce1bf600.gif

3 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Well, it's an interesting study.

first case, take away the top 2 defenders and the team still did ok

second, defenders back, now take away the top 2 centres in terms of ice time (one is the 2nd scorer) and the 3rd scorer, and we see the team sewer

might have something to do with Horvat's leadership

Funny that the Ducks pretty much had that exact scenario for the first 25+ games of the season (Getzlaf, Kesler, Lindholm, Fowler) and they managed to hover around .500 and stay in the mix, but it happens to the Canucks and its 4 straight losses and looks like its going to put them at the bottom of the league sooner than later.

Just now, GritGrinder said:

Funny that the Ducks pretty much had that exact scenario for the first 25+ games of the season (Getzlaf, Kesler, Lindholm, Fowler) and they managed to hover around .500 and stay in the mix, but it happens to the Canucks and its 4 straight losses and looks like its going to put them at the bottom of the league sooner than later.

Two experienced goaltenders usually help.

54 minutes ago, Green Building said:

This game couldn't possibly be any worse than the last. Win or lose we're going to see a different team tonight.

Such an optimist, Green.

I expect the game to be even worse, with Tanev out again our defense will likely become completely unhinged. I sense complete disaster.

But you're right on the entirely different team thing. The Sharks play a heavier game than the Preds.

If we're lucky, Sharts don't take the line-up seriously and slack off for most of the game. But I see us folding hard against any sustained pressure, especially down low.

Archived