• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   
Sign in to follow this  
bombbret

[Value Of] Boone Jenner

18 minutes ago, NuckForReal!!! said:

I have a feeling he would cost a lot but if we could get him for hutton and goldobin, that would be a deal you would make.

ya  i like goldobin  id rather offer up someone else hutton and lockwood  

would also free up sutter to be trade bait at deadline for a first and d prospect 

trade tanev for 1d prospect

edler for 1st 

vanek for 2nd   our center depth would be crazy next yr 

marky to isles for a 2nd 

trade a bunch pics for1st overall  draft that swede dman  frachise dahlen

kane petersson boeser

dahlin bo eriksson 

baertchi jenner virtanen 

gagner gaunce gokdobin 

lind/gax/goldo

delzotto guddy

juolevi tryamkin

pouliot dahlen

nilsson 

demko 

team has grit speed and offense 

1 hour ago, NuckForReal!!! said:

I have a feeling he would cost a lot but if we could get him for hutton and goldobin, that would be a deal you would make.

I like this package offer, maybe try and get them to take gagner somehow, he did good with them, but not doing it here

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NuckForReal!!! said:

But I doubt the Jackets would make that deal.

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

But I doubt the Jackets would make that deal.

they would likely want baertschi in return

2 hours ago, canuktravella said:

would also free up sutter to be trade bait at deadline for a first and d prospect 

edler for 1st 

marky to isles for a 2nd 

kane petersson boeser

dahlin bo eriksson 

baertchi jenner virtanen 

gagner gaunce gokdobin 

lind/gax/goldo

delzotto guddy

juolevi tryamkin

pouliot dahlen

nilsson 

demko 

By the time Tryamkin comes back (if he does)there is absolutely no way Dahlin is on our bottom pairing. Also it's Dahlin that plays defense. Dahlen is our forward prospect

Also the idea that someone is going to trade us the first overall pick to acquire Dahlin is laughable. He's touted to be the best defensemen since Karlsson. There is absolutely no way any team trades that. Nvm the idea they are going to give it up for a bunch of picks.

12 hours ago, canuktravella said:

edler for 1st 

marky to isles for a 2nd 

kane petersson boeser

dahlin bo eriksson 

baertchi jenner virtanen 

gagner gaunce gokdobin 

lind/gax/goldo

delzotto guddy

juolevi tryamkin

pouliot dahlen

nilsson 

demko 

You forgot about Gaudette. Marky is our guy till Demko arrives, I just want nillson to have really good numbers so we can max out his value. I think Guddy is gone at the TDL maybe Sutter or that might be A draft day type trade. Throw in Vanek and that is a lot of players to snag us high picks and prospects.  Just look at the last couple of TDL A guy like Vanek or Tanman in Vanek's case A 1st C prospect. Tanman 1st ++ Nillson. Maybe we add AQ bit but if he gets his game going, having A healthy D and PK should help. Sutter is so easily worth A first if we retain A bit. He gets crapped on all the time not sure why, but he is one of the best 3rd/2nd line centres in the league. Hutton needs to go asap for anything.. 

Let me just say if we are close to A playoff spot once we get healthy and are close at the TDL I say only trades would be Guddy if he hasn't been dealt sooner. I think he will test the

market and get way overpaid. Maybe Vanek If it is A decent 1st. Nillson dido. The way the goalie market is this year and it will probably get worse as the season drags on. It seems especially in the East every team needs A goalie in some capacity If Nillson starts to play like he before his last 3 games. A ton of teams will be at least curious. Ironically Murrey is starting to look like the fluke lol

Anyways just my thoughts. I trust in whatever plan JB has in placE. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

17 hours ago, Yotes said:

they would likely want baertschi in return

If Jenner also plays LW as well as C, this trade may be a wash.

LW seems to be the Jacket's weakest position.  Canucks LW mostly aging vets, but for Goldy (who is still trying to make the team) Granny and Gaunce.  With Baer and Vanek gone, there would be 2 LW spots to be filled next year.  Maybe Goldy, Dahlen or UFA can fill Baer's or Vanek' spot, but that's a very big leap for them.

With the possibility of Gaudette joining the club in the near future, JB may decide to stay the course; especially if it looks like Pettersson will be ready within the next couple of years.  If he thinks he can pick up a UFA (Kane), he might try to move Baer, with the idea that the 2nd or 3RW could be Granny (if Dahlen and Goldy aren't ready. 

I think Baer for Gaudette would be a decent 'hockey trade'.  Preferably JB would have a good plan to replace Baer on the 1st line next season.  Both players are due for new contracts, but it is a non-issue as they are both RFAs.

On 2017-12-16 at 12:22 PM, higgyfan said:

If Jenner also plays LW as well as C, this trade may be a wash.

LW seems to be the Jacket's weakest position.  Canucks LW mostly aging vets, but for Goldy (who is still trying to make the team) Granny and Gaunce.  With Baer and Vanek gone, there would be 2 LW spots to be filled next year.  Maybe Goldy, Dahlen or UFA can fill Baer's or Vanek' spot, but that's a very big leap for them.

With the possibility of Gaudette joining the club in the near future, JB may decide to stay the course; especially if it looks like Pettersson will be ready within the next couple of years.  If he thinks he can pick up a UFA (Kane), he might try to move Baer, with the idea that the 2nd or 3RW could be Granny (if Dahlen and Goldy aren't ready. 

I think Baer for Gaudette would be a decent 'hockey trade'.  Preferably JB would have a good plan to replace Baer on the 1st line next season.  Both players are due for new contracts, but it is a non-issue as they are both RFAs.

baer for gaudette seems like a inhouse trade lol