10. Will Lockwood
11. Jalen Chatfield

12. Guillaume Brisebois
13. Cole Candella
14. Michael DiPietro
15. Petrus Palmu

My top 15 right now at least. 

12 hours ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

Williams/Butler for Vaive/Derlago -  I'd say we won the trade. Tiger got us to the Cup Final. Vaive's 50 goal seasons did not translate to any team success.

To be honest, Tiger had very little with getting to the Final. That was more Smyl and Gradin carrying the offense, and King Richard standing on his head half the time. Tiger's 3-7-10 in 17 games didn't add very much; I'd say his 116 PIM in the playoffs likely cost us more than his offensive efforts. His one 30 goal year here, and the combined one the year before, did absolutely nothing.

I know this is all "what if"...but considering that we needed a reliable sniper against the Islanders, I would rather have Vaive's 50 ability than Tiger's truculence. That first game, and the 4th game; if we had had a upper echelon goal scorer, we likely would've won both games.

Toronto, back then, had very little in the way of depth. Salming and Sittler were gone, Palmateer was about the only reason they won games. Vaive and Derlago were good, but not enough to carry a team on their backs. Give us a Vaive/Derlago line to go with Smyl/Gradin/Fraser...who knows?

Looks like most people agree on the top 5, with some variance in the order:

Pettersson

Gaudette

Demko

Juolevi

Dahlen

I would expect that all of these guys will be NHL players eventually.  Outside of them, I would also think that Lind and Jonah will be NHLers as well.  

53 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Looks like most people agree on the top 5, with some variance in the order:

Pettersson

Gaudette

Demko

Juolevi

Dahlen

I would expect that all of these guys will be NHL players eventually.  Outside of them, I would also think that Lind and Jonah will be NHLers as well.  

I wouldn't be surprised if Lind and Gadjovich end up being better than dahlen and gaudette to be honest 

3 minutes ago, Nancouver said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Lind and Gadjovich end up being better than dahlen and gaudette to be honest 

I am cautious with my optimism for Gaudette.  He is obviously producing in the NCAA, and is highly regarded, but the Canucks don't get to have a 5th round steal that turns into a star.  That only happens for other teams.  I'm just looking at him as a bonus if he works out for us.

50 minutes ago, NuckForReal!!! said:

This is why i think its so important we keep our 2nd. There are always great players who drop out of the first round like lind and gadjovich.

Draft picks have never been so valuable as they are these days. They are the key to a rebuild for sure

51 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I am cautious with my optimism for Gaudette.  He is obviously producing in the NCAA, and is highly regarded, but the Canucks don't get to have a 5th round steal that turns into a star.  That only happens for other teams.  I'm just looking at him as a bonus if he works out for us.

Ya it seems like since the young stars tourney people's opinion of him are extremely optimistic. He definitely looks good so far but I'd be careful to get too high on any prospect as they aren't all going to work out 

1). Elias Pettersson

2). Thatcher Demko

3). Olli Juolevi

4). Adam Gaudette

5). Jonathan Dahlen

6). Nikolay Goldobin

7). Jonah Gadjovich

8). Michael Dipietro

9). Kole Lind

10). William Lockwood

Honourable Mentions: Guillaume Briseboi, Jalen Chatfield, Petrus Palmu 

22 hours ago, SedinBros said:

My List For Canuck's Top 10 Prospects

note: If players have fully graduated to the NHL they are no longer eligible for this list.

1. Elias Pettersson, 19 - Centreman Vaxjo Lakers of the SHL (Potential: First line forward)

2. Olli Juolevi, 19 - Defenseman TPS of SM-Liiga (Potential: Top 3 defenseman)

3. Thatcher Demko, 22 - Goaltender Utica Comets of the AHL (Potential: Starting Goaltender)

4. Jonathan Dahlen, 19 - Leftwinger Timra IK of Allsvenskan (Potential: Top 6 forward)

5. Adam Gaudette, 21 - Centreman Northeastern University Huskies of the NCAA (Potential: Top 9 forward)

6. Nikolay Goldobin, 22 - Rightwinger Utica Comets of the AHL (Potential: Top 6 forward)

7. Jonah Gadjovich, 19 - Leftwinger Owen Sound Attack of the OHL (Potential: Top 6 forward)

8. William Lockwood, 19 - Rightwinger University of Michigan in the NCAA (Potential: Top 9 forward)

9. Michael Dipietro, 18 - Goaltender Windsor Spitfires of the OHL( Potential: Starting Goaltender)

10. Kole Lind, 19 - Rightwinger Kelowna Rockets of the WHL (Potential: Top 6 forward)

Honorable mentions: Jalen Chatfield and Guillaume Brisebois

Comment your thoughts and post your list if it's different.  

1) Petterson

2) Demko

3) Juolevi

4) Gaudette

5) Gadjovich

6) Lind

7) Dahlen

8) Brisbois  * Needs more love here?

9) Goldobin

10) Lockwood

HM Palmu, Holm, McEneny.   Upside mentions to Goldobin & Dahlen who I rated lower than some guys who are ''safer bets?'' Or offer other intangibles like Gadjovich.  That may keep them on the team if they do not reach their ceiling. 

2 hours ago, NuckForReal!!! said:

This is why i think its so important we keep our 2nd. There are always great players who drop out of the first round like lind and gadjovich.

I think its been mentioned we don't intend to trade our picks anymore!

That was a strategy born of unfortunate necessity.  A complete vacuum, void of any NHL ready prospects outside Hutton & Bo was inherited. We have currently two, possibly 3 now as good as Bo looked when the regime took over. Petterson, Demko & Juolevi are all of similar potential. And 6 or 7 in Huttons calibre, or better circa our summer of 2014 Nucks pipeline. When Dalpe, Jordan Schroeder & Ryan Stanton were already graduated as our best available prospects, never mind log jammed in our pipeline...  

Archived