Lind

gaudette

gadjovich

dahlen

dipietro

briesbois

lockwood

hm McEneny 

I'd say that is more like it. I think that a lot of lists have been under ranking Lind because of the Team Canada cut but Lind is having an outstanding draft +1 year and dazzles with his skill and creativity. He belongs in the top 5 of any Canucks prospect list.

ps, I'm kind of glad that we don't have to try to figure out where Subban fits anymore.

50 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I'd say that is more like it. I think that a lot of lists have been under ranking Lind because of the Team Canada cut but Lind is having an outstanding draft +1 year and dazzles with his skill and creativity. He belongs in the top 5 of any Canucks prospect list.

ps, I'm kind of glad that we don't have to try to figure out where Subban fits anymore.

Ya I agree Lind looks unreal so far. Gaudette and Lockwood seem to be a little over rated and brisbois and lind underrated imo.

6 hours ago, BCNate said:

I am cautious with my optimism for Gaudette.  He is obviously producing in the NCAA, and is highly regarded, but the Canucks don't get to have a 5th round steal that turns into a star.  That only happens for other teams.  I'm just looking at him as a bonus if he works out for us.

This is his 2nd year of producing in the NCAA.  He is a well rounded 2-way center that is good in the dot and is top 10 in scoring.  Its not just us who is high on this guy...  People like Bob McKenzie were saying he could have been the steal of the draft LAST year.... and he has only gotten better.

This kid is the real deal. 

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎15 at 4:11 PM, SedinBros said:

My List For Canuck's Top 10 Prospects

note: If players have fully graduated to the NHL they are no longer eligible for this list.

1. Elias Pettersson, 19 - Centreman Vaxjo Lakers of the SHL (Potential: First line forward)

2. Olli Juolevi, 19 - Defenseman TPS of SM-Liiga (Potential: Top 3 defenseman)

3. Thatcher Demko, 22 - Goaltender Utica Comets of the AHL (Potential: Starting Goaltender)

4. Jonathan Dahlen, 19 - Leftwinger Timra IK of Allsvenskan (Potential: Top 6 forward)

5. Adam Gaudette, 21 - Centreman Northeastern University Huskies of the NCAA (Potential: Top 9 forward)

6. Nikolay Goldobin, 22 - Rightwinger Utica Comets of the AHL (Potential: Top 6 forward)

7. Jonah Gadjovich, 19 - Leftwinger Owen Sound Attack of the OHL (Potential: Top 6 forward)

8. William Lockwood, 19 - Rightwinger University of Michigan in the NCAA (Potential: Top 9 forward)

9. Michael Dipietro, 18 - Goaltender Windsor Spitfires of the OHL( Potential: Starting Goaltender)

10. Kole Lind, 19 - Rightwinger Kelowna Rockets of the WHL (Potential: Top 6 forward)

Honorable mentions: Jalen Chatfield and Guillaume Brisebois

Comment your thoughts and post your list if it's different.  

This is exactly why I would like to trade Edler, Vanek, Baertschi and Sutter away at the trade deadline

I hope I can explain why Baertschi and Sutter,,,,,,

Baertschi becomes redundant when we sign E. Kane, especially with Goldoblin , Dahlen  and Gadjovich as possible replacements

Sutter becomes replaceable because we will have Pettersson, Gaudette to join Horvat

To me this means.......

Edler............................worthy of a late 1st + a prospect......any dman that can put up 23to 25 minutes a game, have this value (Trade to Edmonton)

Sutter...........................value 2nd and a prospect.................face offs and hard minutes.............. could get a late first?

Baertschi......................late 1st..................yes he plays with Horvat, but going forward, I wonder if he will have a place to play

Vanek.......................... late 2nd..............Vanek have shown great determination and offers suitors, flexablity and a goal scorer

Now say what you want about moving these players, but most can be replaced either by promotion or by short UFA signings, we will have the cap space.

Our goal onto this up and coming TDL and draft would be to acquire the final pieces to our rebuild.............now yes it is a pipe dream, but, look at our draft list

Vancouver's 2018 1st (5th)

Edmonton's 2018 1st (20th)

Baertschi 2018 1st ( 26th)

Vancouver's 2018 2nd (36th)

Vanek 2018 2nd (57th)

Vancouver's 2018 3rd (67th)

1. The fan's have been ready for Edler to go for several years, but he have value.......he just isn't a #1 or #2, but he sure the heck is a 3/4

2. Sutter has been injured a lot lately and we have not noticed him until Horvat went down ( We did well without him)

3. Baetschi is better off being traded now, before he negotiates his next contract

4. Vanek was signed to be moved, and with Eriksson's game coming around.....we can afford to let him go

So, "IF" Benning was able to pull off another draft like last year, and get a couple of Dmen and faller forwards, we would be in great shape for the future

Another short term LD man would be fine....they will be out there or go over and get Tryamkin back..my preference 

Sedin Bros list is what gets me going on this tangent, but if one half of my trade list were moved..........we would do well

1. Elias Pettersson, 19 - Centreman Vaxjo Lakers of the SHL (Potential: First line forward)

2. Olli Juolevi, 19 - Defenseman TPS of SM-Liiga (Potential: Top 3 defenseman)

3. Nikita Tryamkin, 23 - Defenseman TPS of Yaketerinburg Automobilist (Potential: Top 4 defenseman

4. Thatcher Demko, 22 - Goaltender Utica Comets of the AHL (Potential: Starting Goaltender)

5. Jonathan Dahlen, 19 - Leftwinger Timra IK of Allsvenskan (Potential: Top 6 forward)

6. Adam Gaudette, 21 - Centreman Northeastern University Huskies of the NCAA (Potential: Top 9 forward)

7. Nikolay Goldobin, 22 - Rightwinger Utica Comets of the AHL (Potential: Top 6 forward)

8. Jonah Gadjovich, 19 - Leftwinger Owen Sound Attack of the OHL (Potential: Top 6 forward)

9. Evan McEneny, 23 - Defenceman Utica Comets of the AHL (Poential 3-6 defenceman)

Tie

10. Kole Lind, 19 - Rightwinger Kelowna Rockets of the WHL (Potential: Top 6 forward)
10. William Lockwood, 19 - Rightwinger University of Michigan in the NCAA (Potential: Top 9 forward)

Honorable mentions: Rick DiPietro, Zack McEwen, Jalen Chatfield, Ashton Sautner, and Guillaume Brisebois

Choice I am most uncomfortable with:  Zack McEwen - off to a pretty good pace in his first AHL year at .5 points per game, but because of his unique attributes could really push up the list.

On 12/17/2017 at 12:30 AM, janisahockeynut said:

This is exactly why I would like to trade Edler, Vanek, Baertschi and Sutter away at the trade deadline

Baertschi becomes redundant when we sign E. Kane, especially with Goldoblin , Dahlen  and Gadjovich as possible replacements

Sutter becomes replaceable because we will have Pettersson, Gaudette to join Horvat

To me this means.......

Edler............................worthy of a late 1st + a prospect......any dman that can put up 23to 25 minutes a game, have this value (Trade to Edmonton)

Sutter...........................value 2nd and a prospect.................face offs and hard minutes.............. could get a late first?

Baertschi......................late 1st..................yes he plays with Horvat, but going forward, I wonder if he will have a place to play

Vanek.......................... late 2nd..............Vanek have shown great determination and offers suitors, flexablity and a goal scorer

Now say what you want about moving these players, but most can be replaced either by promotion or by short UFA signings, we will have the cap space.

Our goal onto this up and coming TDL and draft would be to acquire the final pieces to our rebuild.............now yes it is a pipe dream, but, look at our draft list

Vanek 2018 2nd (57th)

1. The fan's have been ready for Edler to go for several years, but he have value.......he just isn't a #1 or #2, but he sure the heck is a 3/4

2. Sutter has been injured a lot lately and we have not noticed him until Horvat went down ( We did well without him)

3. Baetschi is better off being traded now, before he negotiates his next contract

4. Vanek was signed to be moved, and with Eriksson's game coming around.....we can afford to let him go

So, "IF" Benning was able to pull off another draft like last year, and get a couple of Dmen and faller forwards, we would be in great shape for the future

Another short term LD man would be fine....they will be out there or go over and get Tryamkin back..my preference 

Sedin Bros list is what gets me going on this tangent, but if one half of my trade list were moved..........we would do well

we may be able to get a second round pick for Gagme as well if he can get a few more lucky goals....this is a deep draft and we need high picks for sure.

My list: 

1. Elias Pettersson, 19 - C - Vaxjo Lakers of the SHL (Potential: First line forward)

2. Thatcher Demko, 22 - G - Utica Comets of the AHL (Potential: Top 10 Goaltender)

3. Olli Juolevi, 19 - D - TPS of SM-Liiga (Potential: Top 3 defenseman)

4. Nikita Tryamkin, 23 - D - TPS of Yaketerinburg Automobilist (Potential: Top 4 defenseman, but I think the chances that he comes back to North America are slim)

5. Nikolay Goldobin, 22 - R - Utica Comets of the AHL (Potential: Top 6 forward, but time is running out on this kid)

6. Jonah Gadjovich, 19 - L - Owen Sound Attack of the OHL (Potential: Middle 6 forward, I have a very good feeling that Gadjovich is very likely to make the NHL)

7. Kole Lind, 19 - R - Kelowna Rockets of the WHL (Potential: Top 6 forward)

8. Adam Gaudette, 21 - C - Northeastern University Huskies of the NCAA (Potential: Top 9 forward)

9. Jonathan Dahlen, 19 - L - Timra IK of Allsvenskan (Potential: Top 9 forward)

10. William Lockwood, 19 - R - University of Michigan in the NCAA (Potential: Top 9 forward)

HM: Michael Dipietro

HM: Evan McEneny

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2017 at 11:56 AM, BCNate said:

I am cautious with my optimism for Gaudette.  He is obviously producing in the NCAA, and is highly regarded, but the Canucks don't get to have a 5th round steal that turns into a star.  That only happens for other teams.  I'm just looking at him as a bonus if he works out for us.

"Even the losers" get lucky sometimes. 1979  Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

Gaudette is going play like a young Brandon Saad. 

1. Pettersson

2. Demko

3. Dahlen

4. Gaudette

5. Juolevi

6. Lind

7. Gadjovich

8. Goldobin 

9. DiPietro

10. Lockwood

Do not sleep on Dahlen. If he proves physically strong enough to play NA Pro hockey, he’ll be a force. 

On 15/12/2017 at 5:06 PM, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

My list:

1. Elias Pettersson (Elite 1st line forward)

2. Thatcher Demko (Elite number 1 goalie)

3. Olli Juolevi (number 2-3 defenceman)

4. Jonathan Dahlen (Top 6 winger)

5. Adam Gaudette (Top 6 forward)

6. William Lockwood (Top 6 winger)

7. Guillaume Brisebois (number 4-5 defenceman)

8. Jonah Gadjovich (Top 6 winger)

9. Kole Lind (top 6 winger)

10. Michael DiPietro (Number 1 goalie)

HM: Jalen Chatfield (number 5-6 defenceman)

What I think they can become in brackets.

On 17/12/2017 at 12:30 AM, janisahockeynut said:

To me this means.......

Vanek 2018 2nd (57th)

My ranking is based on what I perceive as their potential ceiling

1. Pettersson: top 10 scorer in the NHL.

2. Demko: upper tier NHL starter.

3. Dahlen: I see him scoring 30 goals and 60-70 points in his prime, i.e., first line winger or a second line winger on a deep team

4. Juolevi: top 3 defenceman, scoring 40-50 pts while QBing PP

5. Tryamkin: top 4, with slight possibility to become a top 2 depending on development route

6. Lind: On a deep team, he would play a third line role, play crucial roles in the playoffs. He has a bit of fire in him, which coupled with skill and speed leads to a perfect third line winger. Kind of like Dave Bolland on Chicago team but without being a rat. Can play second line role if needed (i.e., injuries).

7. Gaudette: Kind of like Lind. On a deep team, he would be a third line center, playing key roles in playoffs. Can fill in as second line role if needed.

8. DiPietro: 1B goalie.

9. Gadjovich: bottom 6 winger.

10. Briesbois: bottom 4 pairing.

Goldobin is with the big club and barring trade, will be on the NHL roster next season. I didn't consider him as a prospect.

We are still missing a top 2 defenceman and would be great to get one more forward with game breaking abilities. But I guess we still have 2018 and 2019 drafts to fill those needs.

Truely amazing how our prospect pool has changed over the last couple years.

Pettersson

Demko

Gaudette

Juolevi

Dahlen

Lind

Tryamkin

Gadjovich

DiPietro

Motte

Brisebois

MacEwen

Chatfield

Lockwood

Palmu

Rathbone

Thats a great mix of prospects but we are still missing some elite skill at defence. Heres hoping for Dahlin!

Honorable exclusions who I believe will be in the NHL next year are McEneny and Goldobin as both have a lot of potential and now need to clear waivers. Leave everyone else in Utica next year so that they can grow physically and dominate that league before making the jump.

Dahlen-Pettersson-Lind

Gadj-Gaudette-Vet

Motte-MacEwen-Vet

Labate-Cassels-Vet

Juolevi-Chatfield

Brisebois-Vet/NCAA free agent

Vet-Vet

Demko, to start if Nilssons not traded yet.

Bachman

DiPietro

Archived