The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

Could you please not write your answer in my post.  

It's obviously not to be taken literally but he does suggest that Biega has consistency issues.  He also added that Biega understands why he isn't playing every game.  It's not the first time that he gets praised after a game where he is full of energy but it never lasts.

18 minutes ago, mll said:

Could you please not write your answer in my post.  

Lighten up. It's a forum post.

It's obviously not to be taken literally but he does suggest that Biega has consistency issues.  He also added that Biega understands why he isn't playing every game.  It's not the first time that he gets praised after a game where he is full of energy but it never lasts.

21 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

After watching the Sedins performance last night I realized just how much Willie’s poor coaching cost them 

wasted 3 good years of their career under his “system” 

no surprise this is now a “bounce back” year. You only have to look as far as the coach 

Hank with 16 points in his last 17 games 

@alfstonker

12061ba401fbbe3b6c839e8176d25035.gif

39 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

After watching the Sedins performance last night I realized just how much Willie’s poor coaching cost them 

wasted 3 good years of their career under his “system” 

no surprise this is now a “bounce back” year. You only have to look as far as the coach 

Hank with 16 points in his last 17 games 

wow, you can see all that from just one games? your the man.

7 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

wow, you can see all that from just one games? your the man.

One game ?

try 3 years under Willie....as painful to watch as it was

have you you been hiding under a rock this season and only watched last nights game? 16 points in his last 17 

How about Travis' "little talks" that he has with various players from time to time?

The latest, Granlund.  Who runs out and pots 2 goals in his next game.

Eriksson had one and went on to produce for a nice stretch of games.  Has dried up in the last few

Who's next?  Gagner?  Please

Maybe, just maybe, Green is better than anybody thought.

ok i confess i have been a bit of a downer recently when it comes to the canucks

all the signs pointed to a collapse

cuz nothing was working and too many injuries

but i was pleasantly surprised by the win last night and the apparent fight in the players/team

i did not watch the game .. my information is all second hand

but i guess it just shows the team is quite young and some of the vets are new to the team

so consistency in terms of wins (i wish) or losses (my bad for expecting that trend to continue) just isn't there

nice to see that green could get the boys to play as a team after some depressing outings

I expected us to come out with purpose last night, but I didn't expect to make it look like we were gifted a 5 minute major to start the game. Pure domination for the first 5 minutes, then regular domination for the next 5. 

Goldy's penalty looked like a lazy one, but aside from Virtanen's rush and Goldy's near connection off the redirection neither player stood out too much. Can't really fault Dowd for his penalties, especially the boarding call. I mean it was boarding, but only because what's-his-pickle was extra weak with his feet. Biega could do no wrong, Markstrom made some key saves, Boeser should just always score, and the Twins might have played even better last night than they did against Toronto.  

Damn nice to see the team actually playing like a team so soon after the last game.

Well, whatever Green said to Granlund obviously worked and certainly pulled the Sedins forward. 

With Gagne on the scoreboard as well, this is what we need to see with injuries. This is one of those wins that proves they're capable of stepping up as a team.

This puts us in a good mental place for the Flames tomorrow. 

10 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"His attitude is extremely important. He's been able to come in when we need him and play impressive games. He plays his best games when I give him a month off, so maybe we can make the seasons two years and he can play good like that every game. He's a real energetic guy, a positive guy who works extremely hard. And when he's not playing, he understands." - Green on Biega

Listening to this, I was kind of shaking my head.  Gotta play him more.  Keep him in the lineup.  The energy ripples through the whole team when he is in.  Every time he is on the ice he is flying and hitting and just makes the team way quicker.  I know TG has concerns that he can't play like that every night, but gotta let him try!  He's a game changer.

The only thing with Biega is that it's shown before that when are 3 or four injuries deep on the blue line, and he has to play 10-15 games in a row, his pace  understandably drops and his pace is what is so fun about him. 

He's a great three out of every five or 6 games defenceman

10 hours ago, 250Integra said:

Not gonna lie, Rogers Arena was rocking tonight! What a game. Sedins turning the clock back tonight.. they looked great in overtime!

and Boeser.. what a beauty. Thanks for winning on my birthday boys!

You said you were undefeated at live games didn’t you? To break a team who had 11 straight W’s in our building is impressive. Go to more games!

Best the Twins have played in years. They were attacking the net and creating space by skating vs setting up on the boards.  

Boeser is legit. Missed one great chance by millimeters and beat Jones clean on the one he scored.  That was shooter vs goalie and Boeser is the best pure goal scorer this club has had since Naslund.  

Archived