The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

A nice thought but I don't believe it is a realistic goal given their schedule that is coming up, their current health issues and just that they are not yet "ready" and many teams in the West are in advanced stages of their cycle (even those on the decline).   I think it will be an interesting season of growth but they will have more downs and losing streaks - just the way it is with a team in this stage of their cycle.   

Losing streak is normal for every teams.  The Canucks were reeling with the news of Horvat's injury and they are coming out of it with better effort and could spark some serious growth if they manage to do better than expected with those streak.    I'd be happy if we manage to go 3-1 before Christmas and it's a doable goal.  

1 minute ago, coolboarder said:

Losing streak is normal for every teams.  The Canucks were reeling with the news of Horvat's injury and they are coming out of it with better effort and could spark some serious growth if they manage to do better than expected with those streak.    I'd be happy if we manage to go 3-1 before Christmas and it's a doable goal.  

Well, if were Santa I would give you the Christmas gift of those wins for your team.   I hope your optimism is rewarded!   :)

1 hour ago, Cramarossa said:

Why doesn't Brock get the same kind of hype as some other rookies (Matthews, Laine, etc.)? He's absolutely killing it. It's it just 'cause he played in college first?

I think the main part is the fact he wasn't a top pick.  Sprinkle in a little bit of not being 18 and playing on the West coast and it's probably why he's not getting as much hype.

1 hour ago, CaptainKool said:

Ok im glad that we won. What a night of sedinary. But WTF Green, why no give Virtanen a chance.

For everybody complaining about Green not using JV in OT, and there has been a lot of it, I was thinking about that tonight.  We all know that Jake is a very sensitive boy, he loses his confidence easily. The problem is that 3 on 3 is a great place to become the goat. Give up the puck, and it's a 2 or 3 on 1. I wonder if Green is concerned that if Jake did that and lost the team the game, all the work they've done to bolster his confidence might unravel. Think about what Green has Jake doing right now. He has Jake playing a simple game. His line has one goal, shut down the other line by skating and checking hard. I think Green likes the way Jake is playing now, he's added that cut to the net to his rush game, soon he'll start scoring some goals on transition. I've also noticed his cycle game has improved with more ice time. Once he starts to score some goals, I think Jake's confidence will then be very high. At that point, maybe Green will use him in OT.

That being said, which of the wingers would you have replaced with Jake tonight? The team looked really good 3 on 3 and had lots of chances. You can't replace Gagner, Hank or Granny because they're centers.  So you have Danny, Brock and Erickson. I don't think at this point in his Jake is a better OT player than any of these guys.

Archived