• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   
Sign in to follow this  
RetroCanuck

[Proposal] Philadelphia

To Flyers

Baertschi

To Vancouver

Dale Weiss (cap dump- apparently they want rid of his contract)

Philippe Myers

Phily gets a top 6 winger and storing depth they need to compete for a playoff spot.

We get a very good defensive prospect and an old friend we may be able to flip in his final season.

What do you think?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm big on Myers and made a proposal on here for him (it was a terrible proposal but oh well)

Be tough to let Baertschi go with him playing well on the top line. I think they'd have to add a pick for me to go ahead with it (a 2nd or early 3rd)

5 minutes ago, HockeydownUnder said:

I'm big on Myers and made a proposal on here for him (it was a terrible proposal but oh well)

Be tough to let Baertschi go with him playing well on the top line. I think they'd have to add a pick for me to go ahead with it (a 2nd or early 3rd)

Myers is a potential top pairing defensemen and those aren't cheap, especially right shot ones.

49 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Myers is a potential top pairing defensemen and those aren't cheap, especially right shot ones.

That he's right handed means I'd probably drop the draft pick

Philly are 6 points back if a wild card spot.  IF they make a trade to try to make the playoffs I assume they'd be looking for help right now. Not in 4-6 weeks when it might be far to late.  

Seems like a lot to give up by us for a recently signed overager D man as the centerpiece coming back.

Wonder why he never got drafted in each of the past 2 years, had decent enough pt totals and has the intriguing size element but I wouldnt give Baer up for him and take a cap dump back on top of it.

Sven is a high quality player.  

I don't know enough about Myers but I would like to see a 2nd rounder coming back.  

It would also defeat the purpose of developing young guys if we are going to trade them away when they pan out.  Sven is only 25, he's got his whole career in front of him.

Not as prolific this year. After a spectacular rise last season, Myers.

But Philly has spent literally years, maybe 8, 10, longer, looking for a good RHD??? Blew the biscuit trading JVR for Luke Schenn in one example. Wasted the best years of Giroux, Simmonds, etc. And have not found him yet. Its been THAT long.  Myer is at least promising. And close!

Even if Baer is good value for them?  Doubt they do this...