The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trudeau more unpopular than popular for the first time since election: survey

tbone909

The real shocker is that he ever had any support at all.  No-job silver-spoon trust fund kid with nothing but a name to hitch his wagon, but of course politics has nothing to do with substance and he's a prime example.

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

The supreme irony of political division is that I can watch a group champion stupid laws and idiocy in government than sit and cry while the new government continues those practices.

Oh but it's so easy to fix -- just vote even harder next time.  Really, it's working!

:picard:

Dropped the ball by not going through with Electoral reform, and having TPP fall apart on our end.

Also, while I am socially liberal, I get a little tired of how everything reported about him is in reference to social justice, women's rights, LGBT etc. There are other problems we have going on too.

(my impressions may be admittedly ignorant, don't follow federal politics as much as I should)

6 hours ago, tbone909 said:

Well it was bound to happen..... At the same time i don't feel Andrew Scheer would make a good PM , maybe for Alberta , but the rest of Canada no.

Only for Alberta? Not even for his home province of Saskatchewan?

Btw why don't you think he would make a good pm?

As for Trudeau maybe he should stop standing behind some terrible ministers, specifically Sajjin and Morneau. I also don't think spending half a billion dollars on 30 year old jets was a smart move for Trudeau, even Sajjin said this Country wouldn't buy used jets and yet we did lol.

6 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

"I reject the premise of the question" ~ Stephen Harper

Lol in the Trump thread people like you complain when hillary is brought up but in a JT thread let's bring up Harper to deflect.:lol:

The real funny part is @Warhippy liked your post when he constantly complains about whataboutisms and deflecting.

Edited by Ryan Strome

It's a matter of mathematics. In a 3 party system, 46% approval gets you re-elected.

Unless he falls well below that or the economy gets derailed he's in again.

The Canadian economy by almost every metric is outperforming expectations quite handily.

In an election it's difficult to ignore that.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

It's a matter of mathematics. In a 3 party system, 46% approval gets you re-elected.

Unless he falls well below that or the economy gets derailed he's in again.

The Canadian economy by almost every metric is outperforming expectations quite handily.

In an election it's difficult to ignore that.

It helps that the conservatives chose a leader with all the personality of a wet paper bag.

• Upvote 4

Still an improvement over the trainwreck he followed.

If we could get fiscally responsible government without the bigotry that seems to come with it, that would be ideal.  Harper had to go based on his appalling record of anti-democratic policies and openly racist views.  Trudeau is losing popularity because he is breaking promises.  Harper would be a bigger problem if he KEPT his campaign promises.  It's harder to keep promises when you aren't guaranteeing you'll continue to act like a worthless piece of garbage with zero respect for minorities.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Still an improvement over the trainwreck he followed.

If we could get fiscally responsible government without the bigotry that seems to come with it, that would be ideal.  Harper had to go based on his appalling record of anti-democratic policies and openly racist views.  Trudeau is losing popularity because he is breaking promises.  Harper would be a bigger problem if he KEPT his campaign promises.  It's harder to keep promises when you aren't guaranteeing you'll continue to act like a worthless piece of garbage with zero respect for minorities.

Could you give some examples of both please.