The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposals) Multiple Moves for the Future

Noble 6

40 minutes ago, Nathancanuck said:

Am I the only one who thinks Gudbranson is a very important piece

of our team? Without him we are the softest team ever..

I Agree, with Dorsett gone and Tryamkin a couple years away from his anticipated return ;) and Gadjovich years away all we have left is Virtanen and Guddy .

We need Guddy now more then ever.

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Edler won't waive his no trade.  This is well known.

So many people lose site of this fact, Edler is probably here until his contract is up.

1 hour ago, Nathancanuck said:

Gudbranson for a couple mid round picks?

Why should we do it and how does it help us?

Am I the only one who thinks Gudbranson is a very important piece

of our team? Without him we are the softest team ever..

Also we gave up McCann plus a pick I think so there is no way

I'm shopping Guddy for anything less than a first+ B prospect..

I really dont get all the Guddy trade talk and proposals, I know

he's UFA but Benning needs to lock him up and he will!

1 hour ago, Sbriggs said:

No way someone pays that much for Granlund

29 minutes ago, canuckmen84 said:

I Agree, with Dorsett gone and Tryamkin a couple years away from his anticipated return ;) and Gadjovich years away all we have left is Virtanen and Guddy .

We need Guddy now more then ever.

So many people lose site of this fact, Edler is probably here until his contract is up.

3 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Gudbranson is only moving if they can't work out a deal.  Benning wants to keep him.  Talks can't begin until Jan 1.

Edler won't waive his no trade.  This is well known.  I wonder if he would waive at the trade deadline next year (the final year of his contract).  I know a lot of people aren't in love with Edler but the reality is that he is a cornerstone of our corps.  Players aren't given the most minutes for no reason and Edler averages the most by more than a minute.

Vanek is a possible move.

Baertschi, Granlund and Gudbranson are players that are ear marked for the new Canucks.  In 3 or 4 years, they will be the veterans on a young team.  They won't be willingly traded.

Here's my defense post :lol:

If Gudbranson is willing to re-sign on a decent contract with less than a 4.0 million cap hit, then I would absolutely welcome him back. I'm not sure how likely that is, but previous rumours had Gudbranson wanting around 5 million long term. I would be wary of that. In regards to team toughness, taking back someone like Polak makes it a wash in terms of toughness. Callahan would also replace Dorsett's toughness on the wing. The package of picks is also pretty important given the strength and depth of the next 2 drafts. 

Edler has said in the past that he would be might be willing to waive his NTC if the team said that they would want to move him. He would want to play for a team that wants him, possibly on another team. It would also potentially provide him with another chance to win the Cup. 

The Tampa deal really depends on how much they value that flexibilty over the next 2 years while their window is still wide open. They don't lose their prized defensive prospect in Foote, who can still step in and contribute on his ELC. Hajek and their 2018 1st are the two quality pieces that they give up. Both of those pieces likely won't contribute in a meaningful way over the next two years unless they are moved. If we need to add more, we can add one or more of our acquired picks and maybe remove their later pick. 

50 minutes ago, canuckmen84 said:

I just hope he's not going to be here after his contract is up.. That would freak me out,

he is a good player and plays some really good games or part of games but he also

does so many mistakes that cost us big time like taking 3 penalties in a row...

18 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Here's my defense post :lol:

If Gudbranson is willing to re-sign on a decent contract with less than a 4.0 million cap hit, then I would absolutely welcome him back. I'm not sure how likely that is, but previous rumours had Gudbranson wanting around 5 million long term. I would be wary of that. In regards to team toughness, taking back someone like Polak makes it a wash in terms of toughness. Callahan would also replace Dorsett's toughness on the wing. The package of picks is also pretty important given the strength and depth of the next 2 drafts. 

How much do you think Guddy is asking for? I honestly can't see him getting more than

5 Million/year long term even on UFA market.. I think he will sign something like a 4.5 over

5 years with us and I think he earns that money as a good defensive, very physical Dman

and leader. Also we shouldn't have any cap problems the next couple of years.

8 hours ago, Nathancanuck said:

I just hope he's not going to be here after his contract is up.. That would freak me out,

he is a good player and plays some really good games or part of games but he also

does so many mistakes that cost us big time like taking 3 penalties in a row...

How much do you think Guddy is asking for? I honestly can't see him getting more than

5 Million/year long term even on UFA market.. I think he will sign something like a 4.5 over

5 years with us and I think he earns that money as a good defensive, very physical Dman

and leader. Also we shouldn't have any cap problems the next couple of years.

Here's the predicament with Guddy, do you really see them paying a 3rd pair D 4.5-5M?  

Don't get me wrong, I like Guddy but even 3.5 is a lot for a 3rd pair D

Pouliot would be high on my list of players to move.  He is almost as bad a liability on the ice as Edler.  No speed.  Doesn't hit and easily knocked off the puck in his own end.  Would like to see the stats on his giveaways and his plus/minus.

15 minutes ago, Tyndall2 said:

Pouliot would be high on my list of players to move.  He is almost as bad a liability on the ice as Edler.  No speed.  Doesn't hit and easily knocked off the puck in his own end.  Would like to see the stats on his giveaways and his plus/minus.

He has a team lead 33 give-aways and 11 take-aways (tied 6th).  He's a -9.   All situation below - on the ice for as many goals for as goals against.  

MDZ has been on the ice for 16 more goals against than Hutton.

Not bad. The value is close just fit seems off for some teams

i think gudbranson could fetch more if we start a bidding war

edler wouldn’t waive to go to njd

wouldnt trade baertschi, no point unless he wants big money

cant see Calgary wanting another slow aging winger. They already have jagr and brouwer 

I would do the tb deal. If we could get more pieces from them I would take on callahans full contract. 

Archived