The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock or Bo ?

erkayloomeh

16 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I wonder how Pettersson will fit into this equation....

Hopefully he's so good he ends up on the first line and also has his own Calder worthy entrance.  Then we'd have our very own Seguin/Benn, Ovi/Backstrom, Stamkos/Kucherov, Schieffle/Wheeler combo.  And Horvat can be our productive shut down second line center.  Regardless we'd have two scoring lines which is hard to defend.

46 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

So. With each passing day it seems Brock is gaining more popularity in Vancouver ....here on CDC. Seems not that long ago Bo was in those same shoes. 

For me, I would have to say Bo is still an overall better player but Boeser is probably my favorite.

So my question for you today, just to satisfy my own curiosity and to spark some good conversation is, whos your favorite and why??

Not trying to start any controversy by the way as I'm sure we all love them both.

Cheers and thanks.

Why do we have to choose a player when they're both on our team. Stick to Nichuskin vs Horvat and Matthews vs Boeser. 

I think some of the Brock love can be attributed to shiny new toy syndrome, which isn't to say he's not the real deal because he most certainly is.

Bo is exactly the kind of player I would want to be: he is a versatile two-way guy and a consummate professional on and off the ice. Both of them are classy gentleman actually. We're very fortunate to have them, and I'm so happy they're both on this team. With that said, Bo will always be my dude.

Both are great young players not only plays great but also great leaders on and off the ice. I really like the make up of this team. Bo as captain, Boeser as one of the Alternatives. And Pettersson doesn't have to shoulder the leadership duties, all he has to focus on is score and generate offense ::D

28 minutes ago, playboi19 said:

Why do we have to choose a player when they're both on our team. Stick to Nichuskin vs Horvat and Matthews vs Boeser. 

You don't have to.  As you can see alot of the responses are that it's a tie. As the op I really like that response and should have included it as an option.

both are incredibly mature and well balanced for their age

we have known bo longer and are more impressed by his desire to develop and progress

brock hit the ice running, so to speak, and has performed at a much higher level in his first 40 games

heck he has basically always played on the 1st line

it took bo more then 2 seasons to achieve that

bo could be a 1st line player

when brock plays, that line becomes the 1st line

his impact is much larger

both have the character to be captain material

to me brock has a much higher ceilng

and could give bo a nice run on who should captain this team in the future

if your best player has good character, a stellar work ethic, is fearless on the ice, and makes those around him better

how can you not make him your captain

others will simply follow someone like that

To build a team I would go with Bo, the two-way guy who can do everything.  Kinda like Toews, he's not flashy but fundamentally skilled all-around and a leader who would step up when it counts.  That's how champions are built.

That being said, Brock's already won a place in my heart as in the hearts of many, being the offensive wunderkind he is.  Kinda like Kane, he's got hands to dazzle and the stats to back it up.  That's how highlights and legacies are born.

My brain says Bo, my heart says Brock.   

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I wonder how Pettersson will fit into this equation....

4 hours ago, yes we can nucks said:

Brock?  Bo?  You can't separate them.  They will be our new 'twins' for years.  So.... Bro?  :P

We have both. And soon we will be able to put out a Boeser / Horvat / Petterson / Pouliot / And many others for power play duty, Not bad Jim Benning

4 hours ago, RogersTowell said:

It's more like Toews vs. Kane I think.  I like 'em both.

Except personality wise it’s really easy to chose between Kane and Toews. Toews cares about the inviroment, is open to things such as mindfulness and seems like an interesting guy. Kane beats up taxi drivers and rapes women. 

I’m not comparing Brock to Kane!

Archived