[Proposal] Van-Wash

TheHitman

To Vancouver:
Brooks Orpik
Tom Wilson

To Washington:
Nikolay Goldobin
Ben Hutton

Washington desperately needs to rid themselves of Orpiks salary so they can re-sign John Carlson, Madison Bowey, and Lars Eller, the Canucks can offer them another speedy offensive player that tend to work out well for Washington. They get a cheaper puck-moving defensemen in Hutton to round out their defense and the Canucks receive Wilson who can fit into the gap that Dorsett has left. He'll be a relatively expensive but effective bottom six forward for many years to come. 

34 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

To Vancouver:
Brooks Orpik
Tom Wilson

To Washington:
Nikolay Goldobin
Ben Hutton

Washington desperately needs to rid themselves of Orpiks salary so they can re-sign John Carlson, Madison Bowey, and Lars Eller, the Canucks can offer them another speedy offensive player that tend to work out well for Washington. They get a cheaper puck-moving defensemen in Hutton to round out their defense and the Canucks receive Wilson who can fit into the gap that Dorsett has left. He'll be a relatively expensive but effective bottom six forward for many years to come. 

Not sure when you are looking to make this trade but how do we take on the cap hit?

Seems like a potentially very lopsided deal, depending on how our side would turn out. If Wilson is the next Bertuzzi and Hutton and Goldy can't stay consistent, then we'd win pretty well, but if Wilson is instead the next Stojanov and Hutton and Goldy finally break through, it could be an insanely lopsided loss on our side. I wouldn't take the risk, personally.

46 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Seems like a potentially very lopsided deal, depending on how our side would turn out. If Wilson is the next Bertuzzi and Hutton and Goldy can't stay consistent, then we'd win pretty well, but if Wilson is instead the next Stojanov and Hutton and Goldy finally break through, it could be an insanely lopsided loss on our side. I wouldn't take the risk, personally.

Wilson is no Bertuzzi.  He's an elite 3rd liner at best.

I concede that perhaps Hutton isn't the player I hoped he was but it is way too early to say what Goldobin might become.  He has mad skill and could very well end up a first liner.

I like the idea of going after some size and nastiness combined with some skill, and would have no issue with Wilson being on this team, but I wouldnt give up Goldobin to do it.

Yeah agreed that there's risk on our side.  Goldie is definitely young and skilled (arguably with higher upside than Tom), and with other skilled guys he may very well break out when we need elite level skill.  Wilson's good and hard to play against but Jake's already around as another potential PF that we're waiting on to develop already.

Adding Hutton and taking back Orpik seems too much since his type of defenseman (slow, lumbering, defensive first) is not the kind of player that should be paid a premium (young NHL defenseman) to obtain.  At most I might be down for Hutton and a low pick for Wilson if they need him but I don't want the other elements included.  

Big Tom Wilson fan but not into giving up on goldy yet

to wsh: Hutton, granlund

to van: Wilson 

hutton projects as a 3rd pair guy so big whoop. He can skate with the puck that’s pretty much all he does

granlund is a versatile guy but Wilson would bring some gumption to a soft line up

Archived