The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What do you want as the Canucks alternate/third jersey?

Rate this topic

Roberts

3rd jerseys  

264 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

other than the logistics of a johnny canuck logo & all political correctness aside, the jc logo, the way i see it, portrays strength, fearlessness and competitiveness . . . bearded men (yah baby, playoffs) wearing suspenders and long-sleeved plaid flannel shirts. a team that plays rough, talks big, eating stacks of pancakes before shovelling the pond for a friendly. it is a romantic view in the literal sense but why not? what do we really get on the day our team hoists the cup? there's no monetary reward for the fans, no job promotion, no financial or monetary kickback of any sort. winning the cup provides a symbolic, spiritual satisfaction and pride.

so why shouldn't we view our team's identity as larger than life folk heroes? the canuck hockey team is not a means for promoting tourism. i can't actually associate our skaters with orcas; it is incongruent by any stretch. i rather the bruins, when they come to town actually have the notion they are playing against lumberjacks when they take to the ice not orcas, not north shore mountains, etc, etc . . . while i don't think other teams will have any particular trepidation because we are lumberjacks, i just would feel better about our identity, ie: the perception of a line-up including gordie howe bodied skaters rather than a pod of whales. it just feels better to me. anyone looking for representation can find it with jc: a part of canada's early history, the lumberjack would have represented grit and toughness. i mean really, that's kind of all the representation i need.

we got the name, that we're keeping. i didn't get it when i was a junior and watched barry wilkins score our first goal. but canuck, i mean what an awesome name. a canook. it is canadian and it is so much better than flames or rockets or senators. we could use a logo that represents that name.

i just don't get that we have, in 50 years, hardly even recognized johnny canuck. it's bewildering actually.

although i have actually bought two orca jerseys for my kids. i myself would never wear the orca. i am hoping one day to pruodly wear a faded, well worn jc logod jersey 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, granpappy said:

other than the logistics of a johnny canuck logo & all political correctness aside, the jc logo, the way i see it, portrays strength, fearlessness and competitiveness . . . bearded men (yah baby, playoffs) wearing suspenders and long-sleeved plaid flannel shirts. a team that plays rough, talks big, eating stacks of pancakes before shovelling the pond for a friendly. it is a romantic view in the literal sense but why not? what do we really get on the day our team hoists the cup? there's no monetary reward for the fans, no job promotion, no financial or monetary kickback of any sort. winning the cup provides a symbolic, spiritual satisfaction and pride.

so why shouldn't we view our team's identity as larger than life folk heroes? the canuck hockey team is not a means for promoting tourism. i can't actually associate our skaters with orcas; it is incongruent by any stretch. i rather the bruins, when they come to town actually have the notion they are playing against lumberjacks when they take to the ice not orcas, not north shore mountains, etc, etc . . . while i don't think other teams will have any particular trepidation because we are lumberjacks, i just would feel better about our identity, ie: the perception of a line-up including gordie howe bodied skaters rather than a pod of whales. it just feels better to me. anyone looking for representation can find it with jc: a part of canada's early history, the lumberjack would have represented grit and toughness. i mean really, that's kind of all the representation i need.

we got the name, that we're keeping. i didn't get it when i was a junior and watched barry wilkins score our first goal. but canuck, i mean what an awesome name. a canook. it is canadian and it is so much better than flames or rockets or senators. we could use a logo that represents that name.

i just don't get that we have, in 50 years, hardly even recognized johnny canuck. it's bewildering actually.

although i have actually bought two orca jerseys for my kids. i myself would never wear the orca. i am hoping one day to pruodly wear a faded, well worn jc logod jersey 

^^^^^^ BANG ON ^^^^^^

concepts.png.bfaedee9007df745fdfcd127ce54e17c.png

the top left one would be amazing as an alternate, the only thing I would change is moving the bottom white stripe on the sleeve upwards a little bit. the green jersey below it looks nice too. I still wish they would use the original stick in rink logo instead of the new one.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2018-07-03 at 3:25 PM, LegionOfDoom said:

I want these back as our main jersey not 3rd and damn does Bo look good wearing a C <3 

black and yellow is just so much more aggressive looking I love it 

Bo looks good in it

Virt looks good in it

Boes would look good in it

Pettersson would look good in it

Hughes would look good in it

Lind would look good in it

Gaudette would look good in it

Juolevi would look good in it

Woo would look good in it

Beagle would look good in it

Roussel would look good in it

Tryamkin would look good in it

Edler would finally look good

That jersey is MEAN lookin’

Edited by Me_
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/07/2018 at 7:19 PM, Roberts said:

concepts.png.bfaedee9007df745fdfcd127ce54e17c.png

the top left one would be amazing as an alternate, the only thing I would change is moving the bottom white stripe on the sleeve upwards a little bit. the green jersey below it looks nice too. I still wish they would use the original stick in rink logo instead of the new one.

Love the skate jersey, but got to agree... top left hand corner is one cool top...absolutely ace.

On 15/07/2018 at 9:05 PM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Gotta be the skate jersey. Johnny Canuck is quite frankly ugly AF, and the old stick in rink is already pretty similar to our current jersey.

just to correct you, the current jersey is the one that is similar to the stick in rink jersey

• Upvote 2

On 2018-07-17 at 1:38 AM, granpappy said:

just to correct you, the current jersey is the one that is similar to the stick in rink jersey

No but...

CD280A9F-6F4A-413D-ABAD-7BD769E1F349.jpeg

Man...

Edited by Me_
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Brovat said:

Skate jersey with updated colors. Maybe lose the yellow and red and replace them with silver and blue. 

Black -> Navy blue

Red -> Kelly green

Yellow -> Silver 

Yellow font -> White font

Original Stick In Rink on left shoulder

Skating Johnny Canuck on right shoulder.