The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Second goal on marky really sucked, but he made massive saves all game especially in the third after that softy. Plus the post that saved a goal on schenn  so I do not think we lost because of him. Could we have won if he played better sure, but we could have won if lots of players played better.

I personally did not enjoy the Reffing tonight at all.

Or watching Gudbranson - he makes me cringe when he's alone with the puck last man back or in our end.

Was nonetheless a fun game to watch though and Boeser hitting 20 was so exciting! So nice to have a young star on our team again 

Markstrom is so frustrating. Big guy who moves well, you'd think(?!) has the attributes to be a top 'tender(was highly touted entering NHL).

Possible positive?

Last yr Jake Allen was playing pretty poorly. Didn't the Blues give him some time off? Then played solid through to PO's. Maybe JM can overcome the psychological-barrier..whatever it is that turns his net into a muffin-factory.

If not, he & Nils enhance the tank, & we transfer hopes/prayers to the young kid.

Honestly. I’m just hoping the kids keep developing. They pick up some points? Bonus. Jake looked really good again. Boeser didn’t look great but still managed to score, great players find a way. Gotta give credit to Vanek on that goal though. Boeser played good despite suboptimal linemates and likely facing tight checking players all night. Pouliot looked pretty solid too in my opinion. 

Team as a whole battled. Despite the two softies Marky played well. We had one goal. Said it before and I’ll say it again. If your goalie needs to shutout a team just to win by one something is wrong. The team didn’t crumble after he let in the softies, they kept battling. That’s good. He kept composed and kept us in the game as well. Credit where credit is due.

Get rid of Edler

Get rid of Eriksson

Sign Hank and Dank for one more year

Flip Vanek if you need to, but we need veteran leadership here and he's a hulluva guy and player

PAY ROLLIE $1,000,000.00 TO COME BACK AND STABILIZE OUR GOALIES until Demko is ready to move up and make them both look like artards. 

tell Dan Cloutier to GFHS 

that is all .

Sure they could have called that trip on Biega late in the third and a bunch of others during the last attack when we pulled our goalie, the refs knew it but ended up calling a make up call with 13 seconds left in the game

BTW Where are the %$#@&% VETS where are the twins where's Ericksson where's Vanek where's Gagner?!

We can't have our star rookie have to carry this whole team. Score a goal in the crunch for pity's sake.

Stecher looks tired (hurt maybe) rest him or sit him out )Tanev too) they play hard and can't do every single game, impossible.

Soft goals are killing us. Markstrom plays like a backup goalie.

1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

What was the reasoning behind dressing 7 D and only 11 forwards?

Guessing that he isn't happy with the play of some of the Fs and, didn't want to scratch Hutton again and take out another D for him to play.  

Last game the Burmistrov-Boucher-Granlund line stopped playing just after mid-way through the 2nd.  Green said that it was because DeBoer stopped playing his 4th line but this game Burmistrov and Boucher are scratched.  He didn't think Hutton played so poorly to deserve a scratch but with 7 healthy Ds one had to sit.  

Tanev is set to return after the break.  They said 2 to 3 weeks absence - three more games and it will be 3 weeks.

26 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Sure they could have called that trip on Biega late in the third and a bunch of others during the last attack when we pulled our goalie, the refs knew it but ended up calling a make up call with 13 seconds left in the game

BTW Where are the %$#@&% VETS where are the twins where's Ericksson where's Vanek where's Gagner?!

We can't have our star rookie have to carry this whole team. Score a goal in the crunch for pity's sake.

Stecher looks tired (hurt maybe) rest him or sit him out )Tanev too) they play hard and can't do every single game, impossible.

Vanek set up Brock. Thought he played ok...

7 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

The "kids" line looked good, especially in the third.

Brock and Jake were the best two forwards tonight, for the second game in a row.  Looks like Virtanen is really cementing his position on the roster.

I thought Gaunce had a pretty ordinary game by his standards. Too many lost battles and wayward passes. I suppose we all see it our own way.

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

It seems like only yesterday (it was about 2 years ago) I was calling out all the posters who were saying Miller was not worth the money and Markstrom was the future.

By the way, do our goalies get regular eye checks? I suppose they must but I swear Markstrom has a blind spot where he reacts too late as if he has noticed a shadow go past him but doesn't know exactly where/what it is. 

2 hours ago, darkpoet said:

Get rid of Edler

Get rid of Eriksson

Sign Hank and Dank for one more year

Flip Vanek if you need to, but we need veteran leadership here and he's a hulluva guy and player

PAY ROLLIE $1,000,000.00 TO COME BACK AND STABILIZE OUR GOALIES until Demko is ready to move up and make them both look like artards. 

tell Dan Cloutier to GFHS 

that is all .

Hell no! I can't take their defending for another year and jeez did you see that line change where Stech was coming up the ice with the puck (ok he should have/ or maybe he was going to, dump the puck but he lost it and we have the twins toodling off with their backs to the play not a care in the world.

If this was the first time I had seen them do it this season it would have been bad enough but they seem to hang on until they are exhausted then they "crawl" off the ice without even a glance at the play.

Edler is far too important for us to lose until we know what we have in Juolevi.

and you left out

Get rid of Boucher

Get rid of Goldobin

Get rid of Burmistrov

Get rid of Dowd

All lifetime AHLers and not one of them matches the input we had from Chaput, Skille and Megna (but off course these guys were not shiny and new)

These 4 players are "floaters" and while they may have the occasional good game they are usually passengers in this team. They are no good for a team building towards a SC or even a team hoping to have a long run in the playoffs. Consistent effort, application and visually making a difference when applied to these players show they fail the criteria.

How you can rip on Edler and give players like that a bye, defeats me.

Archived