The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Oracle predicts we win the Cup this season or next

alt kilgore

I don't know if anyone caught this interview on 650 about a month ago. At the time I didn't give it much thought. But it is a little uncanny hearing it now. 

In it she went against the grain to predict a Toronto Argonauts Grey Cup win. But also said some interesting things about the Canucks. This was before the injuries to Horvat, Baer, and Tanev. In spite of how well we were doing she saw us having a big drop. But then improving again. She had a dream where she saw us win the Cup either this season or next. 

Not that I actually believe in this kind of voodoo mumbo-jumbo normally, but with a healthy killer B line and Tanev back... Who knows? There is something magic about this new refreshed team with Travis Green at the helm when everyone is healthy. Maybe Tram even comes back to solidify our defence.

Alright I've got some tea leaves to read. Happy New Year all! It might be better than we could hope for. B)

http://pmd.sportsnet650.ca/audio_on_demand/Oracle-Laura-on-Starting-Lineup-sl-20171124-Interview.mp3

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I don't know if anyone caught this interview on 650 about a month ago. At the time I didn't give it much thought. But it is a little uncanny hearing it now. 

In it she went against the grain to predict a Toronto Argonauts Grey Cup win. But also said some interesting things about the Canucks. This was before the injuries to Horvat, Baer, and Tanev. In spite of how well we were doing she saw us having a big drop. But then improving again. She had a dream where she saw us win the Cup either this season or next. 

Not that I actually believe in this kind of voodoo mumbo-jumbo normally, but with a healthy killer B line and Tanev back... Who knows? There is something magic about this new refreshed team with Travis Green at the helm when everyone is healthy. Maybe Tram even comes back to solidify our defence.

Alright I've got some tea leaves to read. Happy New Year all! It might be better than we could hope for. B)

http://pmd.sportsnet650.ca/audio_on_demand/Oracle-Laura-on-Starting-Lineup-sl-20171124-Interview.mp3

Happy New Year! @kilgore and all, 

Well, all things considered, the Canucks were playing pretty damn well when the majority of the team was in the lineup. The injury to our best shutdown defenseman (Tanev), and our 2 best shutout forwards (Horvat, Sutter) is just too much too handle. Its obviously not farfetched to guess that with all 3, 2, or even 1 of those guys back in the lineup, we would have have less goals against and been closer to winning some of those losses over the past few weeks.

3 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

At the start of the 2011 Stanley cup playoffs famous Vancouver psychic Cassandra Maclean predicted the Canucks to win it all and was so sure of it.  It was posted as a Vancouver sun article in this forum and of course no one believed it.  

I remember reading this article.

She was saying that AV had a real good fortune that year and the Canucks could very well win it all that year. But either after we lost or before the cup final commenced (I can't remember), she made an addendum that someone on the other side may have even stronger fortune and that we may not win? Something along this line.

It was quite a fun thing to read about.

As for the most recent prediction... on defence, we pick Dahlin, who makes the team along with OJ. Also, Tryamkin comes back. Up front, EP makes the team as does Dahlen. One of Gadjovich, Lockwood, Lind, or Gaudette makes the team. Also, Virtanen becomes 20 goal scorer and Boeser continues his ways and scores 40-50 goals winning Rocket Richard. Demko takes over the starting position mid season and takes over for the playoffs. Pulls off what Roy and Murray did. EP and Dahlin compete for the rookie of the year. Horvat scores 30 goals and 70 points. 

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser

Dahlen-Pettersson-Virtanen

Gaudette-Sutter-Granlund

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Dahlin-Tanev

Juolevi-Tryamkin

Edler-Stecher

Demko

Markstrom

Sedins win the cup, and retires at the season's end.

1 hour ago, khay said:

She was saying that AV had a real good fortune that year and the Canucks could very well win it all that year. But either after we lost or before the cup final commenced (I can't remember), she made an addendum that someone on the other side may have even stronger fortune and that we may not win? Something along this line.

As for the most recent prediction... on defence, we pick Dahlin, who makes the team along with OJ. Also, Tryamkin comes back. Up front, EP makes the team as does Dahlen. One of Gadjovich, Lockwood, Lind, or Gaudette makes the team. Also, Virtanen becomes 20 goal scorer and Boeser continues his ways and scores 40-50 goals winning Rocket Richard. Demko takes over the starting position mid season and takes over for the playoffs. Pulls off what Roy and Murray did. EP and Dahlin compete for the rookie of the year. Horvat scores 30 goals and 70 points. 

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser

Gaudette-Sutter-Granlund

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Dahlin-Tanev

Juolevi-Tryamkin

Edler-Stecher

Demko

Markstrom

I like this prediction!  But I think you're one year off.  This will happen in 2019-2020.

It's hard to believe that so many first year players Dahlen, Pettersson, Gaudette, Dahlin, Juolevi, Demko would have that much of an impact in their rookie year.

1 hour ago, khay said:

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser

Gaudette-Sutter-Granlund

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Dahlin-Tanev

Juolevi-Tryamkin

Edler-Stecher

Demko

Markstrom

Wouldnt that be something?  I love how even if it is unlikely we get the Tree back and the first overall pick it could really happen!  The only thing I would add top 6 forward or top 4 d in free agency with all the extra cap space we have next year!

Archived