The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS @ VANCOUVER CANUCKS | DEC.28 | 7:00PM | SNP | SN650 |

J-23

That felt like a mini off-season with the Christmas break, even though it was only four days. I used to always look forward to watching the Blackhawks-Canucks games, but since there is no real hatred between these two teams and a lot of players that formed that rivalry have departed, it just feels like another regular season game. After watching those high-tempo World Junior games, this game will feel kind of slow. 

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That felt like a mini off-season with the Christmas break, even though it was only four days. I used to always look forward to watching the Blackhawks face the Canucks, but since there is no real hatred between these two teams and a lot of players that formed that rivalry have departed, it just feels like another regular season game. After watching those high-tempo World Junior games, this game will feel kind of slow. 

You mean this game will have some Flow

boeser-flow.gif?w=742&h=413

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Did anyone catch this? It looks like from practice today - some harsh words from Green, but given the way our goaltenders have performed, it does look like he is giving some excellent advice.

That's awesome. I wish I had someone to push me like that. You can tell he's only saying it because Anders knows it too.

Great gdt btw, those interviews at the end of the game 7 highlights got me all sorts of emotional. There were so many great personalities on that 2011 team. It really felt like we got to know the players as people and know how badly they wanted nothing more than to win in this city. Hope that's something I can say about the present-day squad soon.

6 hours ago, J-23 said:

I'm litteraly still getting tears in my eyes watching the dragon slayer....

Anyone speaking about the 2011 team toughness should be made to watch these highlights. Thunderous hit after hit...

One can only hope we will get a team as good as that one again.

This surely should have been in the top 10 moments.....

Watching the top 10 moments was like watching Blackhawks TV.... except for the Mitchell hit on Toews :)

Thanks for the posting the memories. Good GDT J-23

Archived