26 Marco Cavalleri

12 Tobias Geisser - 16 Nico Gross
17 Elia Riva - 4 Simon LeCoultre
21 Tim Berni - 27 Dominik Egli
8 Davyd Barandun

30 Philip Wuthrich
1 Matteo Ritz

gocanada.png

The Swiss coach has already predicted that his team stands no chance.  In the pre-tournament Canada won 8-1 and outshot Switzerland 61 to 7.  Canada thinks he is using reverse psychology.  

Sounds more like he is just being realistic and telling his team to soak up the experience for when their group is older.  They are the youngest, lightest and shortest team in the tournament while Canada is the oldest and one of the bigger team (via Eliteprospects).  They also only have one drafted player (4th round) with some being eligible only in 2019.

20 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

So &^@#ing stupid to play this at 1 o'clock. What is the point of a North American held tournament if the games are going to played during the day. I was looking forward to watching it.. at 4/4:30. Now I won't be at all.

Agreed. I was thinking it might be because it would be easier for the folks in Switzerland to stay up late to watch the game rather than waking up in the middle of the night/morning to catch this one. But since there are two other European teams that play at 3:00 pm PT and one European team that plays at 5:00 pm PT, that doesn't seem to be the case. I guess they leave the bigger match-ups for the later part of the day? I just hope Canada's semifinal game on Thursday will be at 5:00 pm PT rather than at 1:00 pm PT.

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Agreed. I was thinking it might be because it would be easier for the folks in Switzerland to stay up late to watch the game rather than waking up in the middle of the night/morning to catch this one. But since there are two other European teams that play at 3:00 pm PT and one European team that plays at 5:00 pm PT, that doesn't seem to be the case. I guess they leave the bigger match-ups for the later part of the day? I just hope Canada's semifinal game on Thursday will be at 5:00 pm PT rather than at 1:00 pm PT.

They scheduled the Americans to play at 5 pm PST (8 pm EST) so people will actually show up to the game. They know Canadian fans will go no matter when their game starts.

8 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

They scheduled the Americans to play at 5 pm PST (8 pm EST) so people will actually show up to the game. They know Canadian fans will go no matter when their game starts.

Which would mean Canada's semifinal game would be at 1:00 pm PT on Thursday if the USA beat Russia. Great.

6 hours ago, mll said:

The Swiss coach has already predicted that his team stands no chance.  In the pre-tournament Canada won 8-1 and outshot Switzerland 61 to 7.  Canada thinks he is using reverse psychology.  

Sounds more like he is just being realistic and telling his team to soak up the experience for when their group is older.  They are the youngest, lightest and shortest team in the tournament while Canada is the oldest and one of the bigger team (via Eliteprospects).  They also only have one drafted player (4th round) with some being eligible only in 2019.

Swiss coach is trying to catch Canada sleeping by saying the stuff he said.

Archived