• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   
Sign in to follow this  
janisahockeynut

Gudbranson vs Tryamkin (Discussion)

Tryamkin vs Gudbranson  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which player do you sign?

• Gudbranson 4.25 million for 5 years
    • Tryamkin 5.0 million for 7 years
    • Neither
  2. 2. Would you pay 1/2 million per year more for either player

• Gud
    • Tryamkin
    • No

Posted (edited)

Ok, pretty simple...............

Gud wants a new contract worth in the area of 4 to 5 million

So............4.25 million for 5 years........no NTC

VS

Tryamkin

5.0 million for 7 years.........................no NTC

Which one do you take or do you pass?

Edited by janisahockeynut

I don't risk that money on Tryamkin yet, but to me, it seems like he has far more value than Guddy. More offense and more physical. He does lack the leadership of Guddy though.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Both! Trade Hutton and Edler if you can. Acquire or draft a PP QB or both.

Edited by hammertime
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 3

People might be asking why I used such big numbers or length of contracts, but I was trying to compare them to what Gudbranson is wanting...maybe not what he is going to get, but......RHD are hard to find......and he was not a minus tonight despite his minutes, against a decent club......I thought he played as good as anyone! Better than most!

Gimme Groot!  He's more mobile and can probably play on either side while being physical.  Probably a true minute-muncher and presence, reminiscent of Chara.

I have added another question to the poll......

Contract threshold...................would pay more........?

Let's say half a million($500,000 per year) more to either player's contract?

Guddy personally. Shorter term, less dollars. Tram is interesting though. 5 mil isn't terrible. I feel like he was well on his way to being a top 4 d-man, if he wasn't already towards the end of the season. Personally if we had both that'd be pretty great. Tram and Guddy on two different pairs. We likely aren't scoring a lot of goals from the back end but we'd be a physical presence. Lol

• Upvote 1

I don't think you'd need to pay THAT much for Tryamkin. But I'd certainly offer him something like 2 years, $3.5 million as a bridge to come over and show he's committed to the team, leading to an eventual longer term deal.

Gud has gotta go. Even if he could stay healthy, I wouldn't want to commit over $4M to him. But with the health concerns added, it's a complete non-starter.

• Hydration 1

9 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Gimme Groot!  He's more mobile and can probably play on either side while being physical.  Probably a true minute-muncher and presence, reminiscent of Chara.

I knew Groot would catch on as a nickname, it's too gud not to.

What?  Has Tryamkin suddenly changed his mind and now wants to play for the Canucks?  No? 

Think I'll stick with Guddy.  At least he wants to play in the NHL.

Groot for sure, younger and maybe this time around he gets to play relaxed, knowing he made the team.

Willie got a lot of blame for the way Groot was played but I wonder if it is not management telling the coach how to play certain players? I say his because Virtanen is getting played the same way, benching without any obvious reasons.

Groot was a rookie, Guddy had 5 years in the NHL under his belt and the comparison wasn't really close, Groot.

30 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Groot for sure, younger and maybe this time around he gets to play relaxed, knowing he made the team.

Willie got a lot of blame for the way Groot was played but I wonder if it is not management telling the coach how to play certain players? I say his because Virtanen is getting played the same way, benching without any obvious reasons.

Groot was a rookie, Guddy had 5 years in the NHL under his belt and the comparison wasn't really close, Groot.

That's how Virt was played when Green had him in Utica last season.

5 mil for 7 for Nik? I think thats a lot for a guy who did still need a lot of work and didn't demonstrate a lot of commitment to the team.

In this scenario Guddy is the right choice, yes he has holes but with the right partner he's very effective and its also a much more tradable contract. 

Tryamkin can move the puck better in the defensive zone. Physicality-wise, Tryamkin is also better.

Definitely Try. With the size and mobility he has he will be great. Lots don't remember Chara at that age and he didn't look all that glamorous then as he would have probably still been an islander if they had the vision of what he'd become.

• Upvote 1