The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Anthony Duclair requests trade

Anthony Duclair has requested a trade from the Arizona Coyotes, according to Craig Custance of The Athletic.

Duclair, 22, owns seven goals and 13 points in 31 games with the last-place club this season. He has spent the entire season to date with the NHL club after spending 16 games last season with the AHL’s Tucson Roadrunners.

He scored five goals and posted 15 assists while with the Coyotes in 2016-17, one season after scoring a career-high 20 goals and 44 points with the team in 2015-16.

Duclair was selected in the third round of the 2013 NHL Draft by the New York Rangers and played 18 games with the Rangers during the 2014-15 season. He was traded to the Coyotes at the trade deadline 2015 as part of a package for defenceman

Duclair owns a minus-6 rating on the season while logging an average of 13:20 of ice time per game with the 9-27-5 Coyotes.

https://www.tsn.ca/report-coyotes-f-duclair-requests-trade-1.959201

He's playing much better again this year. Last year was likely an anomaly. Probably not a top six guy, but could be a middle six guy for most of his career. I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a shot.

Situations like this are why it's best to keep strong leadership on your team during hard times with many losses.

Arizona will want youth back, there won't be a deal bringing him here unless you want to swap Virtanen for him.

Edit: Down vote me all you want, but reading comprehension fails if you think I'm suggesting Virtanen for Duclair.

37 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Arizona will want youth back, there won't be a deal bringing him here unless you want to swap Virtanen for him.

This might actually be pretty equal value, but when you put it like that, I feel like I'd prefer to keep Virtanen. 

I've always liked Duclair. Felt like Arizona hasn't been able to pull the best out of Duclair and I think someone is going to get a steal of a deal for him. Hopefully its us.

I'd be willing to look at a Hutton for Duclair deal, or something of similar value. 

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

I feel like the suggestions of Hutton for Duclair are fairly reasonable, though we might have to add a little but more to even it up. Perhaps add a 4th?

I guess it has to be a 5th this year but they might take a 2019 4th. 

Archived