The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Anthony Duclair requests trade

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

Coyotes already have OEL, Hjalmarsson, Demers, Goligoski, Chychrun, and Schenn... not sure Hutton helps them much.

how are they so bad? that's so bizarre.

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

how are they so bad? that's so bizarre.

It is, I expected them to make a push for the playoffs.

Perhaps bad coaching, maybe they miss Doan. Part of it is also likely due to such a poor start to the season - hard to recover from that.

I don't see this as a " take a flyer on him " situation. The player is being under-utilized and thus producing less. He is a solid 2/3 line tweener who can pot 20 goals at the ripe young age of 22 years old. He has more upside and potential to be a relied upon player for years to come. He won't be dealt because someone thinks he has low value, don't see him being valued low League-wide.

13 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

This might actually pretty equal value, but when you put it like that, I feel like I'd prefer to keep Virtanen. 

Well that's why I suggested him, but I would prefer to keep Virtanen in this situation. That is why I can't see a deal happening for us to get Duclair. Although someone suggested Goldobin and I wouldn't mind that swap.

22 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

maybe you could send goldobin to arizona for duclair and a 3rd round pick. 

What would that accomplish?

Same size, position, age and potential. It would be a side ways trade. We have been developing Goldy, makes no sense to randomly stop now. 

8 minutes ago, Kungfudru said:

Would you trade Virtanen for him? 

No way. Virtanen is improving and will be a beast in a couple of years.

I like Duclair, but I like the idea of trading Goldobin for him. Exact same height and weight, and same age (by 2 months), but Duclair plays a more gritty game, something the Canucks need.  

Honestly, I would say Baertschi for Duclair with whatever small bits would be needed to even it out.

Coyotes don't need a project, they need help to win.  They aren't in a rebuilding mode, they are in a "we need to start winning now" mode.

Baertschi has a more solid resume and some extra experience.  Duclair has a higher ceiling.  Baertschi is going to cost more to re-sign though, and we shouldn't be spending money on more middle six guys.  Duclair has a higher upside, is younger, and will be relatively cheap to re-sign for a 2-3 year contract.

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

Honestly, I would say Baertschi for Duclair with whatever small bits would be needed to even it out.

Coyotes don't need a project, they need help to win.  They aren't in a rebuilding mode, they are in a "we need to start winning now" mode.

Baertschi has a more solid resume and some extra experience.  Duclair has a higher ceiling.  Baertschi is going to cost more to re-sign though, and we shouldn't be spending money on more middle six guys.  Duclair has a higher upside, is younger, and will be relatively cheap to re-sign for a 2-3 year contract.

Coyotes are in a "win now mode"? The last place Coyotes?

11 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

What would that accomplish?

Same size, position, age and potential. It would be a side ways trade. We have been developing Goldy, makes no sense to randomly stop now. 

Duclair is more proven, but Goldobin does have a higher ceiling. Goldobin hasn't exploded, but in his small sample size, he is performing a bit better in the NHL this year.

Find the most expendable player in our system with the best 'metrics' and fleece those jokers over there in Arizona.  How has the 'analytics' been working out over there by the way?  Calm down you 'analytic' folks....gotta have some fun now and then.....

Archived