The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Anthony Duclair requests trade

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Coyotes are in a "win now mode"? The last place Coyotes?

I think he meant more along the lines of they need to win some/any games at all now before they complwtely implode. Not playoff-style winning, but the moral victory. 

3 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

I think he meant more along the lines of they need to win some/any games at all now before they complwtely implode. Not playoff-style winning, but the moral victory. 

ah yes, I see where I went wrong with that comment. But if the Coyotes want to win more games, they need more experienced NHL players. I hope JB takes a run at Duclair, I've always liked his game.

LE for Duclair with Vancouver adding another prospect piece is not out of the question as they need some veteran presence, have oodles of CAP space and they did great in getting Radim back on board and LE could be their veteran presence they are missing so badly.   The other piece could be someone like Holm or similar - a pretty much "NHL ready" body that they have as an asset as well.   

43 minutes ago, Kungfudru said:

Would you trade Virtanen for him? 

You didn't ask me but I will chime in as NOT A CHANCE would be my response.   Virtanen has upside that exceeds Duclair simply based upon size/speed/physicality.   If Canucks are going to give up on JV, they better not do it before he really has demonstrated he is at a plateau as he has been their best player in too many games this year (even with limited ice time) to give up on that progression in my mind.   Keeps feeling like JV will "break out" at some point soon.   He many not but to see him do it on another team would hurt - unless Canucks want to trade him to Canes or Cats and then I could live with that!   :lol:

Duclair - 22 yo, drafted 80th OA. 5'11" 185, 7-6=13/31 games

Baertschi - 25 yo, drafted 13th OA, 5'11" 192, 8-10=18/30 games

Chychrun - 19 yo, drafted 16th OA, 6'3" 200, 1-4=5/12 games

Gudbranson - 26 yo (in 3 days), drafted 3rd OA, 6'5" 220, 0-2=2/27

This would provide ARI with players entering their prime, so they can "win more now". The numbers are similar.

ARI's D

Ekman-Larsson - Demers

Hjalmarsson - L. Schenn

Goligoski - Gudbranson

Connauton

Clendening

Looks very good to me, plus they'd improve their LW position with Baertschi playing with Domi or Keller. Maybe VAN also includes a prospect like Lukas Jasek?

35 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Find the most expendable player in our system with the best 'metrics' and fleece those jokers over there in Arizona.  How has the 'analytics' been working out over there by the way?  Calm down you 'analytic' folks....gotta have some fun now and then.....

Just slightly worse than the "foundational", "meat & potatoes", "competitive environment" Canucks over the last 4+ seasons. And I emphasize slightly.

56 minutes ago, Sedinery33 said:

Boucher and a 3rd

I like our 3rd round picks the last few years (DiPietro, Lockwood, Brisebois, Tryamkin, Cassels), so I'm not too fond of giving up picks, especially if it's going to be a deeper draft this coming year. However if they are crazy enough to accept this deal, it would be hard to say no.

12 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Duclair - 22 yo, drafted 80th OA. 5'11" 185, 7-6=13/31 games

Baertschi - 25 yo, drafted 13th OA, 5'11" 192, 8-10=18/30 games

Chychrun - 19 yo, drafted 16th OA, 6'3" 200, 1-4=5/12 games

Gudbranson - 26 yo (in 3 days), drafted 3rd OA, 6'5" 220, 0-2=2/27

This would provide ARI with players entering their prime, so they can "win more now". The numbers are similar.

ARI's D

Ekman-Larsson - Demers

Hjalmarsson - L. Schenn

Goligoski - Gudbranson

Connauton

Clendening

Looks very good to me, plus they'd improve their LW position with Baertschi playing with Domi or Keller. Maybe VAN also includes a prospect like Lukas Jasek?

I have a hard time giving Baer up simply because I think he's been fantastic in the development of Boeser and Horvat, but I think I would pull the trigger on that deal. I've always been very high on Chychrun and was super surprised he dropped to 16th OA. 

baertschi

nilsson

for

duclair

minnesota 2nd round pick

Gives us a cheaper top 6 potential lw. Baer is going to command how much? is he worth it?

We save some cap space by moving Nilsson.

I would then try to move Edler to Detroit for Mrazek and the higher of the 2 2nd round picks they have.

Mrazek is a decent goalie imo, fresh start for him and he could push Marky more so than Nilsson has of late. Mrazek is only 25 and has a decent amount of nhl experience.

This also allows Demko to continue developing and groom him down in Utica.

Plus we would have 3 2nd round picks, so good chance we could trade back into the 1st round again for the right player if they were to fall

Archived