The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Carey Price on the market?

rekker

I hate myself for clicking the link. I only gapped out for a second - it just goes to show what can happen when you let your mind wonder for even a second on these boards. Looks like I have yet another NY resolution to add to my list. How am I supposed to follow through with so many? I'm going to have to prioritize, I guess. New year, new me. I can do this! 

To Montreal: 
Draisaitl, Talbot and a 1st 

To Edmonton: 
Price and Galchenyuk 

This deal makes the most sense. It gets Edmonton a true number 1 goalie and they get rid of the terrible contract in Leon. Also,  Keeps fans at the arena. 

Montreal gets a 1st round that will be in top ten which is always good. But it makes the most sense because they need to rebuild and Price is not in those plans. With the 1st from Edmonton and there first (if they have it) and Leon that's three top ten picks. That's a boost to the rebuild right off the hop.

I remember saying this several months ago. But for years, when Carey Price was playing out of this world, he was also propping up a terrifically average (at best) Montreal team.

So now, when he’s not having the best season, he’s a “problem”. Love the Habs and hate when they are so “bleh”.

Trading Price, unlikely because it’s Elklund, is not the answer to many of the Habs woes.

They can't even retain salary cause his salary is only 2 million. He has massive signing bonuses each year which I am pretty sure cannot be retained. Even so it makes absolutely no sense to trade him. No one will take on that mammoth contract.

24 minutes ago, SliteriousBlackbeard said:

To Montreal: 
Draisaitl, Talbot and a 1st 

To Edmonton: 
Price and Galchenyuk 

This deal makes the most sense. It gets Edmonton a true number 1 goalie and they get rid of the terrible contract in Leon. Also,  Keeps fans at the arena. 

Montreal gets a 1st round that will be in top ten which is always good. But it makes the most sense because they need to rebuild and Price is not in those plans. With the 1st from Edmonton and there first (if they have it) and Leon that's three top ten picks. That's a boost to the rebuild right off the hop.

Draisaitl contract is not terrible it is actually a good contract..

It's just a fan generated proposal. Not rumour. 

A contending team can not afford to pay it's goalie that much money. Price will make 15 mill per year next 2 years and 13 mill in year 4. 

He's a great goalie but not going anywhere with that contract. 84 mill over 8 years for 10.5 mill cap hit starting next year. Terrible contract especially since he's turning 31 soon. ..

Price isn't going anywhere

Archived