The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks listening to offers for Hutton

Could be an interesting TDL, could be a dud.  But sounds like Jim is listening and perhaps ready to make some changes.  Considering the Sedin's limbo status, perhaps clearing some roster spots makes provision for their possible return, and if they choose not to then we simply sign a UFA or two if there aren't enough kids ready to fill them.

17 minutes ago, riffraff said:

What does a scratched dman who can't beat out pouliot and biega fetch us in a trade?

Well, Pouliot got a 4th round pick and a depth defenseman. Hutton night be worth something similar. He doesn't have the cache of a former 8th OA pick but he has a better/bigger body of work than Pouliot (196 NHL games) and is still pretty young at 24 years old. I'd say he's probably worth a 4th round pick. But if he was worth anything more than that i'd think he'd be gone by now. 

Management might have to think hard at taking a 4th rounder for him if they can get it. If he doesn't improve by the start of next season, he could find himself on waivers. A 4th rounder might not sound like much, but it also frees up $2.8M in cap 

18 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Well, Pouliot got a 4th round pick and a depth defenseman. Hutton night be worth something similar. He doesn't have the cache of a former 8th OA pick but he has a better/bigger body of work than Pouliot (196 NHL games) and is still pretty young at 24 years old. I'd say he's probably worth a 4th round pick. But if he was worth anything more than that i'd think he'd be gone by now. 

Management might have to think hard at taking a 4th rounder for him if they can get it. If he doesn't improve by the start of next season, he could find himself on waivers. A 4th rounder might not sound like much, but it also frees up $2.8M in cap 

Good call 

On 2/7/2018 at 7:30 PM, VIC_CITY said:

JB needs to set the bar right away. Let everyone know he can be had for a 2nd. That's fair value IMO. The other comparribles will be cost more and have much higher salaries. 

Under the right circumstances, Vanek's return may be even higher (a package of picks including a second).  

1 hour ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Under the right circumstances, Vanek's return may be even higher (a package of picks including a second).  

That would be wonderful, but don’t see a Vanek trade happening until the last moment, and then not for more than a fourth.  I’m wondering if the offers for Vanek are last minute attempts to steal him cheap (like what was done on Hamhuis) if it’s just best to keep him?  

Archived