The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[waivers] Cody Franson (chicago)

86Viking

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its worth considering.... we'd have to put Biega on waivers to go back to Utica so thats the rub. 

i would not risk that

biega right now is more reliable when he plays then hutton, puliot, stetcher, and hits more then gud

he is the best ahler among our d core of ahl defencemen

just wish he could go every game

franson is unknown and likely is washed up

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its worth considering.... we'd have to put Biega on waivers to go back to Utica so thats the rub. 

Biega has cleared waivers before, I dont think that would be the issue. A team below us may claim him also?

Franson has the frame but doesnt use his size, he use to have a decent shot. If we had a trade in the works maybe JB would think about it but Im not so sure he will. Could see an NHL team claiming him but wont be shocked if he clears

IMO Biega should be playing, while Hutton is traded. I'd hate to lose Biega for nothing. Some may think he'll slip under the radar, but we've all seen the energy he brings, how he can jump up in the play, lay out crushing hits. This might be an attractive inexpensive piece for teams.

10 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

If Chicago let him go, it means he's no good.  We have learned our lesson, right?  

Not that simple, they really like Oesterle and of late he has really picked up his game as well as producing offense from the back end. Ruuta also appears to be getting back into a groove after injury concerns. Just a numbers game, wouldn't say he's so bad he was let go rather others stepped up and outplayed him. Which is supposed to happen and Chicago is supposed to be that deep.

20 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i would not risk that

biega right now is more reliable when he plays then hutton, puliot, stetcher, and hits more then gud

he is the best ahler among our d core of ahl defencemen

just wish he could go every game

franson is unknown and likely is washed up

I know, but its like being hit by a cotton ball vs a bowling ball. We need some size on the back end if as looks to be the case Guddy is going to be moved. Its kind of a gift-wrapped situation, we can replace some size with no movement of assets for the rest of this year, and who knows, Green and him may click.

7 minutes ago, Yotes said:

I think they have 8 D on roster though including Franson so maybe they want to call up a forward and dont have the roster space without making a move

^^ if Chicago is going to make the playoffs and do some damage they need another scoring winger

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

^^ if Chicago is going to make the playoffs and do some damage they need another scoring winger

Bowman hasnt been the best at deadline trades, we should see what they would give us for Vanek. I admit I dont know what Chicago has for interesting prospects, they dont have a 2nd or 4th round pick in this upcoming draft

11 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Redundant, Franson aint solving any problems here.  Pass.

he doesn't need to solve any problems he's a semi-decent plug and could be a trade piece at the deadline if green can improve his game.

Archived