The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] To panic, or not to panic... that is the question.

Freeridebc

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:31 PM, BoeserSnipe said:

I'd also say this is giving us not only a look at how players like Boeser, Stech continue to improve but also how some players still need development and patience.

Example, Goldy and Virtanen have had a gift chance to really play and show they want it. Sadly, neither has really shown a compete level to say they can be difference makers, when both have the talent to make an impact (differently). To me its a mix of compete, fear of making an error, and perhaps trying too hard to focus on what they've been coached to do vs playing the game  -ie thinking too much to make sure they stay in the lineup. I think they have more to give, and its a bit disheartening to see them not trying to make an impact nightly.

I'm not panicked over how they have played either.  Both have showed they have NHL skills and attributes.  True, they may not be showing the same ceiling as Boeser?

Few will.  Jake looks like an NHLér, Goldy a shot.  I think he'll figure it out, but we'll see?

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:32 PM, Freeridebc said:

Can we all really be shocked as a fan base that this is where our team currently sits?

Our current situation makes sense to me.

Nice post for the OP.

There did seem to be a few people jumping off the bus in the last Cpl of PGT's. 

Ride the rebuild baby! :frantic: Embrace the rebuild!  :towel:

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:40 PM, Type R said:

No panic, just let it flooowwww... See what I did there.. The good so far this season, was seeing what this young core can do when healthy.

Where this team is a hot mess is in Goal, and on D.. The goalie situation will work itself out, the proof is in the AHL, the D however is a massive concern, and Benning needs to sort it out pronto,

That sounds a bit like panic?

Not flow...

On 1/9/2018 at 9:07 PM, Rush17 said:

i am kind of pissed.  we should be deep enough with our off season adds to do better then 2 wins in 15 games.

we need some trades. im tired of being disappointed.  ive stayed mostly positive in the willie era but this is just stupid.   why do I get my hopes up anymore.  its time to move out bad assets.

I don't really understand this thinking.  Trades?  To what end?  Stanley Cup run?  Just win a few games?  Is it worth getting rid of a future prospect just to win a few games?

Sure we could trade the vets, but you'd either get a washed up vet back, or a green kid who has to figure it all out.

The tank is good.  The tank is gooooood

23 hours ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

WD actually had as many injuries with less depth & no Brock Star. He still managed to keep us at (roughly) .500 hockey all the way up to March 9,2017 at 28- 30- 9. 

With that being said I'm a little disappointed for sure as we were supposed to be better this year than last year. (but still not close to a playoff team)

Yeah sorta.

Could be the whole thing where Willie was given am agenda to try and get us to the playoff's? 

But I did not see the role generation we are seeing from Travis's version of our team.  Like a solid shut down line built around Sutter. More importantly bumping the Twins to the third line & paying our young forwards and D in key roles. Bo's line improved offensively & defensively. He is a plus 5 this year?  And my observation is we are playing with more pace & pride.

It might be that the main thing we are missing is Miller?             (oops, I was never an advocate of signing Miller :ph34r: )

I don't get the panic threads each year. 2013 was the year of panic. We all wanted change and youth, and most fans knew we had to go back down through the valley for a few years before we climbed back up the mountain.

I've said this many times ... we can't demand change and youth without allowing the necessary time for change to take place. Especially with the immovable contracts over the past four years. We're nearing the end of those but much of our youth still need development.

With a focus on drafting, guys 18 and 19, we're looking at a few years before these guys get into the lineup (if some do at all).

So, what are we supposed to panic over? We're still in the process.

When Demko, Pettersson, Gaudette, Dahlen, Juolevi, Gadjovich, Lind, 2018 top 5, join Boeser and Horvat, and we're still going nowhere ... then I'd say it would be time to panic. 

Despite the frustration, imo, we need to stay the course and not give in to panic.

Canucks own the worst record over the past 10 games.

Cant really blame that on injuries or the amazing 0.7 PPG of Horvat’s seriously overhyped role, especially with all the curious “depth” signings that JB accumulated last summer, in case of such a scenario. 

Since they’ve made it to the bottom, why not let it finally bottom out... and keep it there by making trades NOW, rather than later. Take advantage of the draft position. 

On 2018-01-10 at 1:07 AM, Rush17 said:

i am kind of pissed.  we should be deep enough with our off season adds to do better then 2 wins in 15 games.

we need some trades. im tired of being disappointed.  ive stayed mostly positive in the willie era but this is just stupid.   why do I get my hopes up anymore.  its time to move out bad assets.

We are no where near the darkest days in cl B history yet and have the most exciting rookie in the NHL this year. 

The team started to slide when Bo, Baer and Sutter went down. 

The best thing we could get as fans is a top 3 pick at the draft this year. Those injuries made it possible to tank without losing face. 

EmW

Archived