The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Coyotes trade Anthony Duclair, Adam Clendening to Blackhawks for Richard Panik, Laurent Dauphin

Just now, mll said:

Clendening back to Chicago - via Vancouver, Pittsburgh, Edmonton, New York Rangers, Arizona.  

Must have flown with United.

But jeeze, how many teams out there just love bailing out the Hawks? Panik was, from what I remember, picked up on waivers from TO. He's not going to have the same success without the support he got from Toews. Chicago gets to clear two contracts for one and gets the far better player. 

Kinda of ridiculous how lopsided this trade is.

Panik and Clendenning have been on waivers.  Hawks just net an amazing return for...well parts.  Panik has had a decent couple fo seasons in Chicago but man...

And just burns me that Clendenning AND Forsling are now back in Chicago

Did I make it before people complain about Benning's asset management or how we were totally in on Duke if they were in charge?

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Panik and Clendenning have been on waivers.  Hawks just net an amazing return for...well parts.  Panik has had a decent couple fo seasons in Chicago but man...

Did I make it before people complain about Benning's asset management or how we were totally in on Duke if they were in charge?

And Chicago dumps Paniks 2.8m also.

If Benning didnt think Duclair was an upgrade for our team maybe there is good reason he is in lame duck GM status. Unlikely he is gone as GM but for that type of return we should have been all over that

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Chicago saw value in Panik - they signed him last May to a 2 x 2.8M deal.   

Just now, Warhippy said:

Clendenning has been to CHI-VAN-PITT-NYR-ARI-CHI . What exactly do you think we missed? I can agree about Forsling but Benning had to decide how many midgets he would have on the blueline. 

Each team gets back former picks who are likely career AHLers.

Plus Blackhawks trade a guy they got off waivers for another project player who's production has slipped.

I think the Hawks win this one. At least if Duclair isn't scoring he can fill a bottom 6 tole.

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Clendenning has been to CHI-VAN-PITT-NYR-ARI-CHI . What exactly do you think we missed? I can agree about Forsling but Benning had to decide how many midgets he would have on the blueline. 

Only in Vancouver do fans still complain about a minor trade for years. 

Forsling and Clendening are not an upgrade on this team right now at all. There's a reason why Forsling is playing on Chicago's bottom pair.

Move on people. There will be other Forsling level players to be had in the future. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Only in Vancouver do fans still complain about a minor trade for years. 

Forsling and Clendening are not an upgrade on this team right now at all. There's a reason why Forsling is playing on Chicago's bottom pair.

Move on people. There will be other Forsling level players to be had in the future. 

13pts in 37 games at age 21 for a D man. I would be thrilled to have him on our team!! Seems like nothing but potential upside. That was a knee jerk stupid trade, but yes it is in the past.

Loved Forsling at the WJC to only see him gone moments later. 

Archived