The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Coyotes trade Anthony Duclair, Adam Clendening to Blackhawks for Richard Panik, Laurent Dauphin

26 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Clendenning has been to CHI-VAN-PITT-NYR-ARI-CHI . What exactly do you think we missed? I can agree about Forsling but Benning had to decide how many midgets he would have on the blueline. 

He did sign Stecher after dumping Forsling.

I'll take the midget who can skate over the "giant" that can't.

4 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Need to acquire Clendenning? Huh, they just waived Franson who atleast has been a career NHL player not an AHL guy whos jumped all over the league and shown nothing at the NHL level

Franson clearly isn't an NHL D-man at this stage.

Chicago would know Clendening better than anyone, which is why they acquired him. They obviously still see something in him. I bet he gets an opportunity there.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Chicago's D is a train wreck, hence their spot in the standings and the need to acquire Clendenning.

That doesn't tell the whole story. That's like saying Stecher has been our most consistent D-man. It's easy when everyone else is playing like crap or injured.

They're D has actually been the only consistent part which is why they had no need for Franson.  It's their offense that's been a train wreck, including a absolutely dreadful PP and almost no production from Toews' line.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Chicago's D is a train wreck, hence their spot in the standings and the need to acquire Clendenning.

That doesn't tell the whole story. That's like saying Stecher has been our most consistent D-man. It's easy when everyone else is playing like crap or injured.

I would guess he was simply added to balance out contracts.  Arizona is at 49 contracts.  If they didn't send Clendening over they would be at 50 which limits their flexibility for College UFA signings or TDL deals.  Also he might not even join Chicago but rather report to the AHL.

1 minute ago, mll said:

I would guess he was simply added to balance out contracts.  Arizona is at 49 contracts.  If they didn't send Clendening over they would be at 50 which limits their flexibility for College UFA signings or TDL deals.  Also he might not even join Chicago but rather report to the AHL.

Yeah I think Clendening is just a "throw-in" in the deal.  Maybe the Hawks have a need for his services on their farm club (I don't follow the club - so I don't know).

9 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

They're D has actually been the only consistent part which is why they had no need for Franson.  It's their offense that's been a train wreck, including a absolutely dreadful PP and almost no production from Toews' line.

Lol. That's why Seabrook was a healthy scratch right?

I don't think offense is their problem. They've scored 28 goals in their last 6 games and sit 7th overall in goals for.

If their offense is a train wreck I think the Canucks need to have their offense be a train wreck too. :lol:

5 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Yeah I think Clendening is just a "throw-in" in the deal.  Maybe the Hawks have a need for his services on their farm club (I don't follow the club - so I don't know).

Exactly.  He's just a throw in.  It's no different than when the Hawks acquired Jeremy Morin on three seperate occasions.....Clendening is just a piece that will probably be added to another trade down the road.

9 minutes ago, mll said:

They could have acquired anyone as a throw in though. I think they still see value in Clendenning.

Plus their goals against has not been the best lately. They've allowed around 3.5 goals against their last 9 games and have had very inconsistent defensive efforts.

My guess is he gets a look on their bottom pair.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He served is purpose (being a key member of those multiple Cup wins); much like Brown with the Kings.  Both got a "retirement type" contract after those teams won their Cups I *think*.  We should all be so lucky  (I didn't get a gold watch myself :P).

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

He served is purpose (being a key member of those multiple Cup wins); much like Brown with the Kings.  Both got a "retirement type" contract after those teams won their Cups I *think*.  We should all be so lucky  (I didn't get a gold watch myself :P).

Of course, but the point is you don't make a move like that unless it's to send a message to the D-core.

Saying that their D has been consistent just isn't true.

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don't think offense is their problem. They've scored 28 goals in their last 6 games and sit 7th overall in goals for.

If their offense is a train wreck I think the Canucks need to have their offense be a train wreck too. :lol:

The Hawks may be 10th in offense, but they're also 7th in GA, so their defense can't be all that bad.

The Hawks 2nd and 3rd lines, up until 6 games ago, were out producing the 1st line.  After 34 games, Toews had 21 points and Saad had even less.  Panic was sent to the 4th line.  They were getting no points from their 1st line, that was the main issue with the Hawks thus far.

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They could have acquired anyone as a throw in though. I think they still see value in Clendenning.

Plus their goals against has not been the best lately. They've allowed around 3.5 goals against their last 9 games and have had very inconsistent defensive efforts.

My guess is he gets a look on their bottom pair.

Crawford has been hurt.  The carousel of Jeff Glass, Anton Forsberg, and J F Berube has been less than spectacular. 

Archived