The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Coyotes trade Anthony Duclair, Adam Clendening to Blackhawks for Richard Panik, Laurent Dauphin

4 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

The Hawks may be 10th in offense, but they're also 7th in GA

2 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

Crawford has been hurt.  The carousel of Jeff Glass, Anton Forsberg, and J F Berube has been less than spectacular. 

Which one is it?

The goaltender is part of the goals against equation, and they're still top 10.

You don't bench Seabrook if everything is fine on their D, plain and simple.

4 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

That's pretty cheap. Hawks even dumped salary:

No one can tell me that the NHL Coyotes haven't been helping out teams like the Hawks for years.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's collusion going on there.

hockey hockey trade

not sure why folks are so bull on the deal for Chicago - this is essentially Duclair's value - he and Panik are actually quite comparable values - and if anything, Panik's production has been more recent than Duclair's, so you might even consider it  a greater risk on the part of the Hawks, who get the player, albeit younger, who hasn't done much since 2015-16, while Panik is coming off a 22 goal season.

Panik has played with Toews and an assortment of wingers while Duclair's been playing with Domi and Dvorak.

Essentially, Duclair asked out did he not?  It seems like Chayka might not have had a lot of choice.  Still - I'm not a fan of Chayka - but I don't agree with the general opinion in this thread that he got killed in this deal.

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They could have acquired anyone as a throw in though. I think they still see value in Clendenning.

Plus their goals against has not been the best lately. They've allowed around 3.5 goals against their last 9 games and have had very inconsistent defensive efforts.

My guess is he gets a look on their bottom pair.

He's reporting to Rockford. 

Blackhawks are at 23 healthy players per CapFriendly - 8Ds already on the roster.

1 hour ago, Yotes said:

good trade for Chicago. Didnt give up much, guess Benning was content with our lackluster scoring we have and didnt want to send some plugs arizonas way.

Cant take all the reclamation projects on though I guess...

or AZ wasn't interesting in making a division rival better 

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Which one is it?

The goaltender is part of the goals against equation, and they're still top 10.

You don't bench Seabrook if everything is fine on their D, plain and simple.

Well, the reason the Hawks goals against has increased the last few games is because Crawford is hurt and the guys behind him have been garbage.  Up until then, both Crawford and the D core has been really good...which is why, even after giving up 3.5 goals per game the last 7 games, they still are 7th in goals against.

And the reason why Transom can be waived and Seabrook can be benched is because the other 6 guys can be depended on.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

No one can tell me that the NHL Coyotes haven't been helping out teams like the Hawks for years.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's collusion going on there.

Chayka is the king of tank nation, this just helps that along for this year and next. I think its all part of a plan to tank on purpose for 3 seasons and then offer sheet Auston Matthews. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Chayka is the king of tank nation, this just helps that along for this year and next. I think its all part of a plan to tank on purpose for 3 seasons and then offer sheet Auston Matthews. 

I just don't get this move on their part. You take on another another underachieving project player at a higher cap hit. What's the point?

Do draft picks or prospects not have more value to them right now?

9 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

What would be a Pannik/Dauphin equivalent for the Canucks?

We don't have a Panik equivalent. 

We have younger assets worth more than him imo - and we have older veterans who might be comparable producers, but it's hard to compare a Gagner to Panik - they're different.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I just don't get this move on their part. You take on another another underachieving project player at a higher cap hit. What's the point?

Do draft picks or prospects not have more value to them right now?

the point is mediocrity and a guaranteed top 4 pick. AZ is a joke but Bettman has put so much effort into his pet project he's not going to punish them for outright tanking. 

22 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

or AZ wasn't interesting in making a division rival better 

Haha because we are such a threat. We have made trades within the division, if it makes your team better in the GM's mind then the deal should be made. Too much gets made into inter division trading, especially for lower end talent.

Archived