The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hockey Canada unveils men's 2018 Olympic roster

can we re-sign max laperire after the Olympics please . we could use a good 4th line c who can agitate and help score timely goals. whatever happened to him after 2011 i totally forget. didnt get a 1 year deal with stl or mtl?  he was a pretty fast skater.

it will never be the same with willie as the coach and linden vey / mason Raymond on the roster. this isnt an episode of a bizaro world.

i hate the nhl for skipping and i hate the Olympics for threatening to ban nhl players from the following event. (for skipping out on this one)

can we just have our full hockey olmypic teams please. 

23 hours ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

The number of ex-Canucks is amusing.

On another note, I had always assumed Wojtek Wolski was a European player.  He had such a promising start to his career with the Avs and then fell off the map.

Yeah, I thought for sure he was Polish.  Even Wikipedia says he was born there.

I have zero interest in watching that roster. Not even if they are wearing a Team Canada sweater. 

I wonder how big of a drop there will be in TV ratings this time and how long it will be until Gary squeezes the money out of the whole thing. 

Watching the world’s best was fun while it lasted. 

12 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I have zero interest in watching that roster. Not even if they are wearing a Team Canada sweater. 

I wonder how big of a drop there will be in TV ratings this time and how long it will be until Gary squeezes the money out of the whole thing. 

Watching the world’s best was fun while it lasted. 

Now we get to watch the best of the worst.

Correction: I wont be watching.

Of course I will watch. Canadian hockey players playing their hearts out for their country. That said I have no use for the IIHF which is populated by a bunch of Euro carpetbaggers. Graft and corruption. They knew the Russians were doping for decades but took their payola under the table. The 'non' Russian team will surly unfurl a Russian flag after their win and skate the ice with it. 'So bad, so sad!' If EP makes Team Sweden I will watch him as well. Hope he does not go however.  

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:04 PM, kingofsurrey said:

Is that a  new record for former Canucks making team Canada

6 former Canucks.  Wow.  I can't wait to watch and support our former Canuck stars  ....

FORWARDS

Andrew Ebbett, Vernon, B.C., SC Bern (Swiss National League)
Maxim Lapierre, Brossard, Que., HC Lugano (Swiss National League)
Mason Raymond, Cochrane, Alta., SC Bern (Swiss National League)
Derek Roy, Rockland, Ont., Linkoping HC (Swedish Hockey League)
Linden Vey, Wakaw, Sask., Barys Astana (KHL)
DEFENCE
Marc-Andre Gragnani, L’Ile-Bizard, Que., HC Dinamo Minsk (KHL)

add the 7th. Team Canada GM Sean Burke

4 hours ago, Jaimito said:

good. Thought he was already on it. 

team Canucks ver 2.0.  

i am cheering for them. It's the team name on the front of the jersey that counts, not the name on the back. 

Agree 100 % 

I support canada no matter who is on the team

a guy i met  ....  was out of the nhl at the time and invited.   He  was on team canada and got a silver

his linemate with team canada was eric lindros lol. 

Olympic hockey is amazing 

Go former canucks 

go canada 

On 12/01/2018 at 12:38 PM, Aardvark said:

Yeah, I thought for sure he was Polish.  Even Wikipedia says he was born there.

Wolski's family moved to Canada when he was 3 years old, he grew up in the Toronto area and is as much Canadian as he is Polish.

Don't debate the fact that Marc-Andre Gragnani is a certified frickin' legend.

How many defensemen position themselves at the top of the circle in the offensive zone instead of the blueline? Just one. Gragnani.

How many defensemen spend more time behind the oppositions net than his own net? Just one. Gragnani.

Don't even tell me he's not a big game player. Gragmoney is A POINT PER GAME in the NHL playoffs. Good lord, can we even stop this guy?

Canada's gold medal destiny is sealed.

5 hours ago, BananaMash said:

Don't debate the fact that Marc-Andre Gragnani is a certified frickin' legend.

How many defensemen position themselves at the top of the circle in the offensive zone instead of the blueline? Just one. Gragnani.

How many defensemen spend more time behind the oppositions net than his own net? Just one. Gragnani.

Don't even tell me he's not a big game player. Gragmoney is A POINT PER GAME in the NHL playoffs. Good lord, can we even stop this guy?

Canada's gold medal destiny is sealed.

lmao

• 2 weeks later...

I was %100 behind the Swedes in 2014 gold medal game... I'm glad I can cheer for my team Canada again. 

Babcock ruined Sochi for me. POS... not to mention garbage sacks like Keith and Doughty.

Really love this team they've put together. Here's to hoping they can win gold again. Would love to see Vey Day run wild and dance Voynov in the final and score the OT winner. 

LONG LIVE LINDEN VEY! 

Archived