Carter

Keith - Pietrangelo

Muzzin - Doughty

Giordano - Burns

Rielly

Price

Dubnyk

Murray

Canada seems to lack depth in LH defensmen. 

HM: Hall, Monahan, Subban, Letang, Holtby, Crawford

I'm personally happy the NHL isn't going into the Olympics this year.

I'm a firm believer of the Olympics being a stage for amateur, or semi-pro to lower tier pro athletes to represent their countries. Not only does it give some players a truly once in a lifetime opportunity to represent their country at this level, I think there's a far greater level of appreciation by the athletes to give it their all in order to win Gold for their country.

When you have the NHL players participating, you get the elites of the league and few if any go all out in order to try and win for fear of injury resulting in lost performance for their professional teams in the NHL and potentially the playoffs.

That same fear of injury is present for these players as well, but I feel it's overshadowed by the once in a lifetime opportunity that these games represent. Also, the lack of super house teams like Canada, USA, Sweden, Russia and to a lesser extent Finland and the Czech Republic, it opens up the stage for more obscure countries a chance at winning medals they ordinarily might not have a dream of even reaching.

I think that this will be quite frankly one of the few Winter Olympics I've been legitimately psyched for outside of 2010, and that was only because it was here in Vancouver.

I am super excited to see brule play again and no nhlers actually make it different. Don't get me wrong I love these super teams we get to watch but its pretty predictable until the semis where the big boys Canada, USA,  Russia, Sweden will face other. It will be good to see some odd and old faces lol.

shock no hodgson or kassian but hey marc andre gagnani made the team from that awful trade.

Canada

Tavares - Crosby - Stamkos

Hall - McDavid - Seguin

Marchand - Scheifele - Giroux

Getzalf/Iginla/ - Horvat/Bergeron - MacKinnon

Burns - Doughty

Keith - Subban

Giordano - Pietrangelo

Price 

Luongo 

Murray

USA

Kane - Matthews - Boeser

Gaudreau - Pavelski - Wheeler

Eichel - Kesler - Kessel

van Riemsdyk/Brown - Lee - Keller

Suter - Jones

Shattenkirk - Fauk

Carlson - Byfuglien

Krug

Quick

Schneider

Anderson

Sweden

Karlsson - Forsberg - Nylander

Landeskog- Backstrom - Rakell

Sedin - Sedin - Zetterberg

Arvidsson - Lindholm - Hornquist/Steen

Karlsson - Hedman

Dahlin - Klingberg

Ekholm - Ekman-Larsson

37 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Canada

Tavares - Crosby - Stamkos

Hall - McDavid - Seguin

Marchand - Scheifele - Giroux

Getzlaf/Iginla - Horvat/Bergeron - MacKinnon

Burns - Doughty

Keith - Subban

Giordano - Pietrangelo

Price

Luongo

Murray

Iginla but no Toews?

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

Might have a hard time convincing Babcock to play 6 Righties. Babcock is so stubborn he plays Polak as a regular because he is right handed. 

Haha 5 but your point still stands

I dunno it's pretty hard to sit any of those guys in favor of the lefties I'd bring Gio along for some milk and a hotdog.

5 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Might have a hard time convincing Babcock to play 6 Righties. Babcock is so stubborn he plays Polak as a regular because he is right handed. 

If Babcock is coaching there will likely be no Subban but Weber instead.  

On 1/12/2018 at 4:33 AM, milk and honey said:

I am super excited to see brule play again and no nhlers actually make it different. Don't get me wrong I love these super teams we get to watch but its pretty predictable until the semis where the big boys Canada, USA,  Russia, Sweden will face other. It will be good to see some odd and old faces lol.

shock no hodgson or kassian but hey marc andre gagnani made the team from that awful trade.

I dunno that Latvia vs Canada match up had me on the edge of my seats back in Sochi 

On 1/11/2018 at 6:14 PM, VanGnome said:

I'm personally happy the NHL isn't going into the Olympics this year.

I'm a firm believer of the Olympics being a stage for amateur, or semi-pro to lower tier pro athletes to represent their countries. Not only does it give some players a truly once in a lifetime opportunity to represent their country at this level, I think there's a far greater level of appreciation by the athletes to give it their all in order to win Gold for their country.

When you have the NHL players participating, you get the elites of the league and few if any go all out in order to try and win for fear of injury resulting in lost performance for their professional teams in the NHL and potentially the playoffs.

That same fear of injury is present for these players as well, but I feel it's overshadowed by the once in a lifetime opportunity that these games represent. Also, the lack of super house teams like Canada, USA, Sweden, Russia and to a lesser extent Finland and the Czech Republic, it opens up the stage for more obscure countries a chance at winning medals they ordinarily might not have a dream of even reaching.

I think that this will be quite frankly one of the few Winter Olympics I've been legitimately psyched for outside of 2010, and that was only because it was here in Vancouver.

That's not what this is. Did you see Team Canada? It's a bunch of guys who are completely 100% pro-athletes, but just NHL castoffs. The majority of Team Canada is from the KHL. The second best league in the world. None of these guys are lower-tier or semi-pro athletes. They are still very much pro athletes, just not the best. Which means the Olympics this year will just be a lower quality of hockey, because the pro players are all the guys who couldn't crack the NHL.

Olympics is supposed to showcase the best of the best. This year, it's basically a bunch of guys who aren't that good at hockey compared to the best of the best.

Archived