The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Oilers shopping Anton Slepyshev

Having lived in the Edmonton area for over a year, I take great joy in listening to how ticked off Oilers fans are about how this season has unfolded. The talking heads had booked themselves a SC appearance. The fans were throwing out ideas like another dynasty was developing. Now it's all about having slow, useless, non-dangerous wingers (check), porous defense (check), Talbot sucks (check), god awful PK (check) and no depth in the minors (check).

And yes....tanking for Dahlin.

6 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Having lived in the Edmonton area for over a year, I take great joy in listening to how ticked off Oilers fans are about how this season has unfolded. The talking heads had booked themselves a SC appearance. The fans were throwing out ideas like another dynasty was developing. Now it's all about having slow, useless, non-dangerous wingers (check), porous defense (check), Talbot sucks (check), god awful PK (check) and no depth in the minors (check).

I'm glad the Oiler fans are suffering, but IN NO WAY do they get Dhalin.  He's ours!!!!!

1 hour ago, RonMexico said:

My condolences. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

we have so many better players ahead of him now its not worth the roster spot. 

Lets let Chiarelli keep crapping the bed and not help him out. 

he has dealt with nagging injuries and looked good the limited time before injury on the top unit. Speed, size, skill...ummm yeah you kick the tires on him without a doubt. 

1 hour ago, RonMexico said:

Thanks for the insight, the media would have you believe they are being patient with the development of their young stars, in fact there are some in their system only a few years away....

2 hours ago, RonMexico said:

Talbot got way to much credit last year. He had some good games but the team outscored his bad ones for him.

1 hour ago, DJSkingz said:

If Edmonton wins another lottery pick and gets Dahlin I will be officially done with this joke of a league. That would also mean the Canucks drop as far as possible in the draft.

It's real tough not to get negative. Nucks are terrible at the worst time in history for picks and the lottery system. I can't help but think the NHL will change the format.......after we are finishing higher in the standings. At times I feel this franchise is cursed. 

Archived