The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Re-Signing] 3 year extension for Cogliano

TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun reports that the deal carries an average annual value of $3.25 million.

The 30-year-old Toronto native was set to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

Originally taken with the 25th overall pick in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft by the Edmonton Oilers out of the St. Mike's Majors of the OHL, Cogliano is in his eighth season with the Ducks.

In November, Cogliano appeared in his 800th consecutive game, becoming only the fourth player in NHL history to do so. Cogliano has not missed a game since his NHL debut with the Oilers in October 2007. He is the NHL's current iron man, having appeared in 829 straight contests.

In 43 games this season, Cogliano has five goals and 13 assists.

Cogliano has amassed 149 goals and 202 assists over 11 NHL seasons with the Oilers and Ducks.

Internationally, Cogliano struck gold in consecutive years with Canada at the 2006 and 2007 World Juniors.

https://www.tsn.ca/ducks-ink-cogliano-to-3-year-extension-1.966564

3 x 3.25

I always remember him as "that really fast small guy". 

Pretty solid deal for both sides I'd say. He's pretty much the definition of a known quantity at this point. Three more years will take him to 33 and 10 years in Anaheim. Quite a long tenure with the Ducks he's having.

the current iron man leader

brings to mind to me

all those who question the toughness of the sedins

hank is #7 all time ironman   - 679 consecutive games

gotta have serious internal fortitude to do that

a really really tough guy in my books

edit:  i just noticed, and am pleased this occurred, my 3000th post is a tribute to hank

Pierre LeBrunVerified account @PierreVLeBrun 1h1 hour ago

More details on Cogliano contract with the Ducks: no signing bonus money, pure salary, $3.25 M each season; full NTC for balance of this season then limited NTC (6 teams) in next 3 seasons

3 replies 29 retweets 69 likes

Pierre LeBrunVerified account @PierreVLeBrun

That's 6 teams he would NOT go to in the limited NTC

Wow!  When you look at his career contract history, he's amassed approximately $30, 000, 000.00 in salary if you include this most recent contract if I'm reading the numbers correctly.  Pretty solid compensation for a career 2nd or good 3rd line guy.  Wonder how much of it he'd trade for a cup? 

Solid signing by Anaheim, great recognition of what he can bring to a team who acquired him for a 2nd round pick....who coincidentally is now play for Utica Marco Roy.

Yet since Edm traded him they have been looking for a reliable 2 way player ever since....serves them right!

Congrats to Cogs for a productive, healthy yet stealthy good career!

58 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Another ex-Oiler doing much better outside of Edmonton.

Outside of the stacked Oilers dynasty team in the 80's and that one Cinderella foray in 2006, they've been a dumpster-fire of a franchise.  

You misspelled Chris Pronger.

8 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I always remember him as "that really fast small guy". 

Pretty solid deal for both sides I'd say. He's pretty much the definition of a known quantity at this point. Three more years will take him to 33 and 10 years in Anaheim. Quite a long tenure with the Ducks he's having.

Solid, dependable, speedy, two-way forward who has never missed a game in his career. Any team in the league would love to have Cogliano on their team

Archived