The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks reassign Nikolay Goldobin to Comets

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, 70seven said:

Good.  Kids anemic play is not a fit for the NHL.  Theres a good reason the Sharks traded him.  Throw is ars into a deal with Hutton or Guddy as a sweetener for a better haul.

going to have to agree until he changes my mind. Watching him it seems all mental. Skill is there.

What I find so weird is all the golden opportunities that players get - not just Goldie - and it seems like they squander them. Millions on the line and still Goldie's face on the bench last night was blank like he wasn't even there. I wish him well, because I don't think he'll get too many more chances. 

Can't say he didn't get chances this time.  No one expects a Selke candidate but the effort simply wasn't there.  Caught him twice in the third period gliding very slowly back into our own zone on the backcheck, last guy back in our own zone by far.

I want him to succeed and he has the talent to do so but it's probably time to move on.

Brendan Batchelor‏ @BatchHockey 34m34 minutes ago

Goldobin played just 6:32 last night against CBJ. Important for him to be see some ice. Comets play Monday, Wednesday and Friday while #Canucks are on bye week.

Be patient people, He needs more time in Utica

Typical Canucks fans dismissing a 22 year old before he's played a full NHL season!

I thought he had improved since last season. His positioning is ok. Needs to learn to use his speed. He's not going to get much done as a depth player so I'm glad they sent him back.

2 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Brendan Batchelor‏ @BatchHockey 34m34 minutes ago

Goldobin played just 6:32 last night against CBJ. Important for him to be see some ice. Comets play Monday, Wednesday and Friday while #Canucks are on bye week.

Be patient people, He needs more time in Utica

Bingo.  Go down to play.  He's probably the first one up when the next injury happens (which shouldn't be long).

23 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

He has not shown he is ready to play without the puck the way NHL players need to.   Hopefully they put in clearly development roles back in Utica as putting him there to put up points is useless as he can clearly do that.

maybe Larionov can have another serious talk with the guy.... turning Jannik Hansen into Goldobin, Palmu and Gunnarson  was still a great move by JB, so hopefully Goldy's agent can talk some sense into him. 

33 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Good.  Kids anemic play is not a fit for the NHL.  Theres a good reason the Sharks traded him.  Throw is ars into a deal with Hutton or Guddy as a sweetener for a better haul.

:picard: Just stop. 

Archived