The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks reassign Nikolay Goldobin to Comets

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

ok kid just immature for his play in nhl..that meaning he plays too soft and just does not see it yet what it takes could get bigger and stronger..maybe in a few years he will be o good player.

Needs to learn to play without the puck. To battle and back check to get the puck back. His offensive instincts look promising. 

Plagiarized from a Grabner article:

“Michael Grabner isn't second-guessing why he was waived by Florida earlier this week. The 23-year-old Austrian winger admits he didn't deserve to make the cut.

Panthers GM Dale Tallon, who acquired Grabner  from Vancouver also had some critical words for the former first-round draft pick upon his departure.
“I was disappointed with his play," Tallon told reporters in Florida. "He has a lot of potential but you have to earn your playing time here. Reputation doesn't mean anything to me.
  We liked his speed and his skill. He didn't show any skill in camp. He can skate and has skill but didn't show any of it.''
With his third team in four months, Grabner knows he must now make the most of this opportunity.
"I didn't have a very good camp in Florida. It's another chance for me and I'm glad they took a chance on me." Grabner said.
"This team is young and talented so it's still going to be tough to make it, but I've just got to work hard and show what i can bring to the table."
"Create some offense, get some shots on net and use my speed to back up the defense a little bit," Grabner said when asked what he hopes to show the coaching staff. " Mostly, I want to show that I'm not a liability in my own end."
Gordon said he'll hold Grabner out of the first two games to allow him time to acclimate and adjust. After that Grabner will have to make the most of his second chance and prove he belongs in the lineup. "What he does with it is going to be up to him."

Goldy should take Grabner's example and learn from it. Grabner was lucky to be mentored by Doug Weight. If he didn't learn the two way game, he wouldn't be in the League .

Archived