The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks reassign Nikolay Goldobin to Comets

-Vintage Canuck-

Get out the butter because he is toast as a canuck player. The only way he sees any more game time is if we get hit by more injuries. Too many young prospects coming up that will outwork him for a chance to play in the show. 

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

oi (scratch that thought).

straight up assignment I guess.

Yeah he's getting a head start on our 5 day break.  I'm sure they could have kept him for the game tomorrow but it looks like they want him to start playing big minutes right away.  But technically it is an assignment and he will miss tomorrow's game.

5 hours ago, Dazzle said:

You have no clue what you're talking about. Please don't act like you do. He's waiver-exempt.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/nikolay-goldobin

ENTRY-LEVEL CONTRACT

LENGTH: 3 YEARS
EXPIRY STATUS: RFA
SIGNING TEAM: San Jose Sharks
VALUE: $3,412,500
C.H.% q.svg: 1.34
SIGNING DATE: October 5, 2014
SOURCE: CapGeek
SEASON CLAUSE CAP HIT q2.svg AAV q2.svg P. BONUSES q2.svg S. BONUSES q2.svg BASE SALARY q2.svg TOTAL SALARY q2.svg MINORS SALARY q2.svg
2014-15   $925,000 $1,137,500 $92,500 ENTRY-LEVEL SLIDE
2015-16   $894,167 $1,106,667 $92,500 ENTRY-LEVEL SLIDE
2016-17   $863,333 $1,075,833 $212,500 $92,500 $832,500 $925,000 $70,000
2017-18   $863,333 $1,075,833 $212,500 $0 $832,500 $832,500 $70,000
2018-19   $863,333 $1,075,833 $212,500 $0 $832,500 $832,500 $70,000

See early posts explaining why he will not be waiver exempt - See Mil.   

5 hours ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Like I've said before, he'll never be an NHLer. Another bad trade by Benning. 

there's plenty of time for goldobin, palmu and gunnarsson to become nhl players.

judging a trade involving prospects and draft picks less than a year after it was made is idiotic. 

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

No.

why do people live in the past?

why not? he and Sutter would be a nice 3rd line shutdown pair, and we'd get him at a bargain most likely. We'll probably need one more veteran player next season so I'd be happy with a 1 year deal. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

why not? he and Sutter would be a nice 3rd line shutdown pair, and we'd get him at a bargain most likely. We'll probably need one more veteran player next season so I'd be happy with a 1 year deal. 

Hansen sucks this year.

how many shutdown guys do we need?

lets get some goals and not take a spot from a young kid who could easily do what Hansen has done this year which is basically nothing.

18 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Hansen sucks this year.

how many shutdown guys do we need?

lets get some goals and not take a spot from a young kid who could easily do what Hansen has done this year which is basically nothing.

some. Hansen has been misused imo, and benched too which is a bit ridiculous.  Something is clearly not working there with the coach given what we know of Hansen's work ethic. At least thats how i see it. 

Assuming we don't want to see Chaput again, Vanek is likely traded, Sedin's retire, that leaves Sutter, Gagner and Loui, thats too thin on veteran players to be competitive. If we bring Granny back on a bargain deal (it has to be really) then I'd love to see Sutter, Granny and Hansen as our shut down line. 

kids don't play a shut down role for a reason, its really hard. Its not something everyone comes out of junior with. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

some. Hansen has been misused imo, and benched too which is a bit ridiculous.  Something is clearly not working there with the coach given what we know of Hansen's work ethic. At least thats how i see it. 

Assuming we don't want to see Chaput again, Vanek is likely traded, Sedin's retire, that leaves Sutter, Gagner and Loui, thats too thin on veteran players to be competitive. If we bring Granny back on a bargain deal (it has to be really) then I'd love to see Sutter, Granny and Hansen as our shut down line. 

kids don't play a shut down role for a reason, its really hard. Its not something everyone comes out of junior with. 

Where do you put Gaunce?  Dowd?

Prefer Granlund in a more offensive role than playing with Sutter.

Archived