The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks reassign Nikolay Goldobin to Comets

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

some. Hansen has been misused imo, and benched too which is a bit ridiculous.  Something is clearly not working there with the coach given what we know of Hansen's work ethic. At least thats how i see it. 

Assuming we don't want to see Chaput again, Vanek is likely traded, Sedin's retire, that leaves Sutter, Gagner and Loui, thats too thin on veteran players to be competitive. If we bring Granny back on a bargain deal (it has to be really) then I'd love to see Sutter, Granny and Hansen as our shut down line. 

kids don't play a shut down role for a reason, its really hard. Its not something everyone comes out of junior with. 

Gaunce dowd sutter horvat Eriksson 

plenty of two way guys.

hansen back at this stage stifles the direction this team is going.

we need more scoring.

all we have is Brock right now.

Just now, riffraff said:

Gaunce dowd sutter horvat Eriksson 

plenty of two way guys.

hansen back at this stage stifles the direction this team is going.

we need more scoring.

all we have is Brock right now.

how is Gaunce a two way player? Dowd? 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Dowd? 13th F. I'm also not sold on Gaunce, if he gets beat out in camp for a spot so be it. 

Green said recently that they are developing Gaunce into a two-way power forward.  Last year Benning was saying that he could score up to 15 goals.  

Green seems to like Dowd really a lot - don't see him as the 13th F.

Just now, mll said:

Green said recently that they are developing Gaunce into a two-way power forward.  Last year Benning was saying that he could score up to 15 goals.  

Green seems to like Dowd really a lot - don't see him as the 13th F.

Dowd is filling in admirably as a desperation move, and he's also a UFA. He may get a job elsewhere and don't see how he's better than Hansen?

A lot of people want Gaunce to score but he hasn't been able to at all unless its a fluke. The only reason he's still on the team is because he was a high pick. Sure he's doing better in a checking role but he doesn't score and doesn't bring any kind of intimidation factor. I'm being hard on him but if you just look at this NHL performance its not irreplaceable or all that impressive, unless you have some info I'm missing. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Dowd is filling in admirably as a desperation move, and he's also a UFA. He may get a job elsewhere and don't see how he's better than Hansen?

A lot of people want Gaunce to score but he hasn't been able to at all unless its a fluke. The only reason he's still on the team is because he was a high pick. Sure he's doing better in a checking role but he doesn't score and doesn't bring any kind of intimidation factor. I'm being hard on him but if you just look at this NHL performance its not irreplaceable or all that impressive, unless you have some info I'm missing. 

Green likes both and I'd prefer to not to overload on that kind of players.  I already think they are too many guys with too limited offence on the team.  

Babcock once said it's easy as a coach to play grinders - you know what you are getting. Green seems to like his two-way grinders although there is very little on the offensive side of things.  

1 minute ago, mll said:

Green likes both and I'd prefer to not to overload on that kind of players.  I already think they are too many guys with too limited offence on the team.  

Babcock once said it's easy as a coach to play grinders - you know what you are getting. Green seems to like his two-way grinders although there is very little on the offensive side of things.  

I guess if we started the year with just Loui, Gagner and Sutter, its not that hard to trade for another veteran presence if we needed to. Alf is right too, Bo brings a presence above his age. 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I hear you on Gaunce. Just not ready to say he is a finished product yet. Still some upside to him me thinks. 

25 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

how is Gaunce a two way player? Dowd? 

Defensive two way guys for sure.

if you recall they have both been out in OT and the final few minutes of refgulation.  Easily as two way as Eriksson, at least, so far.

hansen is another same tool.  We need to diversify this team.

15 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Defensive two way guys for sure.

if you recall they have both been out in OT and the final few minutes of refgulation.  Easily as two way as Eriksson, at least, so far.

hansen is another same tool.  We need to diversify this team.

yup there's an argument to be made there. I'm not viewing Hansen as a top 6, he'd be in a 3rd/4th line checking role who can chip in, and probably at a very good salary and short term. On that level I see him as an upgrade on Dowd (not knocking Dowd) and he's still got decent wheels so he can provide a little pressure too. 

So much depends on the Sedin decision its hard to predict what we'll need, but once that shakes out and we know what have in Gaunce (say he doesn't score at all for the rest of the year e.g.) then I think we'll have lots of options if we need to sign one more veteran. I guess I'm still a Hansen fan as well. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yup there's an argument to be made there. I'm not viewing Hansen as a top 6, he'd be in a 3rd/4th line checking role who can chip in, and probably at a very good salary and short term. On that level I see him as an upgrade on Dowd (not knocking Dowd) and he's still got decent wheels so he can provide a little pressure too. 

So much depends on the Sedin decision its hard to predict what we'll need, but once that shakes out and we know what have in Gaunce (say he doesn't score at all for the rest of the year e.g.) then I think we'll have lots of options if we need to sign one more veteran. I guess I'm still a Hansen fan as well. 

Every right and good reason to be a Hansen fan and you've made some good points.  I'm just a move forward look to the future type.  I'd like to see our prospects afforded opportunities to take bottom six roles.

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

No, I think you got it all.   Remember, Vegas could have had him and they passed on this 'first round, young centre.'

Anyone see this guy as a playoff warrior?

No. 

At best, he’s a future support player for the developing core, but he lacks the natural desire and devotion to go along with his skills. A team can only have so many of the same parts. Look to young Subban for an example of this. 

One thing the Canucks have enough of is smallish, skilled forwards, so it’s easy enough to imagine a future without the enigmatic Goldy on their final roster. 

My personal preference would be to package he and Hutton together in a trade for another young captain-material kid, like Jenner, or even Edmundson, for instance. Somebody suitable to ride shotgun with the new, skilled core. 

4 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Anyone see this guy as a playoff warrior?

No. 

At best, he’s a future support player for the developing core, but he lacks the natural desire and devotion to go along with his skills. At team can only have so many of the same parts. Look to young Subban for an example of this. 

One thing the Canucks have enough of is smallish, skilled forwards, so it’s easy enough to imagine a future without the enigmatic Goldy on the final roster. 

My personal preference would be to package him and Hutton together in a trade for another young captain-material kid, like Jenner, or even Edmondson, for instance. Somebody suitable to ride shotgun with the new, skilled core. 

Totally agree.  I see Goldy getting packaged with a Dman, as (kind of) a throw-in.  

Archived