Canucks Community

[Waiver] JT Brown (tampa)

86Viking

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Sedin - Sedin - Granlund

Vanek/Virtanen - Sutter - Eriksson

Gaunce - Dowd - Brown/Gagner

I would be looking to trade Gagner when Horvat returns which will likely be the end of January or early February. But then again, I really don't see this team being fully healthy. Claiming him makes too much sense.

I wonder if CBJ would be interested since their PP has been slacking? a 2nd maybe?

The only reason I would want this "Ham 'n Egger" is because I'm tired of the ham n Eggers we already got on this team.

I would claim him to give him a tryout for the rest of the year since he is UFA this year. 

Only makes $1.25mil but ya...if this guy provides piss n vinegar and is different than having to watch Chaput, then sure

19 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I wonder if CBJ would be interested since their PP has been slacking? a 2nd maybe?

CBJ's PP was top of the league the first 35 games but in the 2nd half of the season they were 2nd last in the league (only ahead of Colorado). Gagner like everyone else saw his PP production drop the last 47 games.  13 PP pts in 35 games then only 5pts in 47 games.

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Keep in mind Vanek likely gets moved at the deadline.

Just my opinion, but I think Vanek is staying. If he get's flipped I hope it's for a 2nd

Whatever happens, I wanna see Gaudette play for a few weeks at the end of the season. Burns a year off his ELC but by the looks of it, he's ready. Guy is shredding the NCAA apart and is the current fave to win a Hobey Baker.

Talk about a steal.... 149th overall in the 5th round. Nice!

18 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

Just my opinion, but I think Vanek is staying. If he get's flipped I hope it's for a 2nd

Whatever happens, I wanna see Gaudette play for a few weeks at the end of the season. Burns a year off his ELC but by the looks of it, he's ready. Guy is shredding the NCAA apart and is the current fave to win a Hobey Baker.

Talk about a steal.... 149th overall in the 5th round. Nice!

I would still try to move vanek and tell him we will make him an offer in july. Sounds like that is what Detroit was going to do but AA contract situation made Vanek wait 2 months then they had no room after.

If we could somehow move Eriksson, or to a lesser extent move out Gagner I would be all for Vanek coming back on another 1 yr deal. 2yr deal for a lower cap hit but cant have other guys around still imo

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

Andrew Shaw is hurt, so Bergevin must have needed to make sure he had his Shaw quota...

Danault also took a Chara slapshot to the head and is dealing with concussion symptoms.  They need more options at C.

On 13/01/2018 at 12:12 PM, mll said:

How many non scoring players should a team have?

Nashville is now deep enough to play 30-goal scorer Forsberg on their 3rd line because it makes it tougher on matchups.  Canucks need more scorers.  They also shouldn't have to be playing their offensive players with the likes of Gaunce, Chaput, Gaunce, Sutter, Dowd.  

I think you need to put yourself in the mindset of a bottom team, having a 30 goal scorer on the 3rd line isn't even close to a Canucks reality... You might as well compare us to Tampa. Great point though, we aren't as good as Nashville. Well done.

Archived