The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Coyotes set high price for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, shopping Niklas Hjalmarsson

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Are you saying if a team has RNH as one of their better players, they are likely to be a bottom team?  Or are you saying RNH is playing good hockey, and the team’s woes are not because of his role/ icetime?  Alf’s not quite getting this one.

I am saying that RNH is a very good hockey player and Edmonton's problems are in no way related to his performance. You do know he is their leading goal scorer, right? More that McDavid and Draisaitl.....and that is without the same PP time and the inflated numbers Draisaitl gets playing with McDavid.

1 minute ago, Rick Blight said:

I am saying that RNH is a very good hockey player and Edmonton's problems are in no way related to his performance. You do know he is their leading goal scorer, right? More that McDavid and Draisaitl.....and that is without the same PP time and the inflated numbers Draisaitl gets playing with McDavid.

Then maybe, instead of Arizona getting RNH, we should?  Tanev is one heck of a defensive dman.  

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

Edler + Hutton + 2019 first unprotected + Lind for Chalmers and oel 

I would kick the tires to see what the price could be, but I wouldn't pull the trigger on a trade of this magnitude.  We're not there yet, nor do we have enough prospects in any one area that we can afford to lose a few right now.  My humble opinion right now tho.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Then maybe, instead of Arizona getting RNH, we should?  Tanev is one heck of a defensive dman.  

Edmonton is goal starved similar to us so I doubt they would trade their leading goal scorer for a non-offensive d-man. Edmonton is really weak on the wings and I think they would be looking for either an offensive d-man or a higher scoring winger. I just don't think there is a very good fit between the two teams.

11 minutes ago, Pears said:

Who would do Baertschi, Juolevi, and our 1st this year (top 5 protected)? Steep price, but it’s a fair deal for both teams imo. 

and hope that he doesn't decide to test free agency in a year.  Can't sign an extension before 1 July.

3 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

No, it isn't. That is a garbage deal for us.

How is it a garbage deal? We can replace Baertschi, and if we get 1st we replace Juolevi with a generational defenseman. OEL is a top 10 defenseman in the NHL and you gotta pay up for those, and we need someone like him. 

55 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

My guess is Arizona would want Nurse (to replace Ekman-Larson), RNH and a 1st. Edmonton would be crazy to make a deal like that so it will probably happen before the night is out.

EDM could probably say if its a top 5 this year it turns into an unprotected 2019 + Puljujarvi + Nurse. Might save this season for them 

33 minutes ago, Pears said:

Who would do Baertschi, Juolevi, and our 1st this year (top 5 protected)? Steep price, but it’s a fair deal for both teams imo. 

Make it a second and yea, maybe. I personally don't really know OELs personality or tendencies so I'd have to do my homework.

So Sven, Juolevi and a 2nd.. Coyotes would get a better offer, but as a Canuck, I'd be up to the 11th hr in contemplation. Don't wanna lose 3 years of a top 2 ELC defender.

5 minutes ago, Pears said:

How is it a garbage deal? We can replace Baertschi, and if we get 1st we replace Juolevi with a generational defenseman. OEL is a top 10 defenseman in the NHL and you gotta pay up for those, and we need someone like him. 

For one season?  Arizona is not competitive enough and he wants to win.  It's the same issue with the Canucks - still too many seasons away from being legit contenders.  He'll be paid in free agency and will have a good choice of competitive teams.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

EDM could probably say if its a top 5 this year it turns into an unprotected 2019 + Puljujarvi + Nurse. Might save this season for them 

That deal should be of interest to Arizona but I doubt anything is going to save Edmonton's season. The downside for Arizona taking a 2019 pick is that it is going to push their rebuild out another year and I really feel they want the rebuild to be over. I mean, how many years can you be rebuilding and sell that to your 100's of fans?:)Edmonton is going to be in cap hell next year and they would still need to shed some salary to afford Ekman-Larsson I think.

Archived