The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Coyotes set high price for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, shopping Niklas Hjalmarsson

Just now, Rick Blight said:

I would love to have RNH on our team as well but he cannot be a 3rd line centre for us. If he were to be a 2nd line centre for us we would be conceding that Pettersson would be playing wing for the foreseeable future and I am not sure management would be onside with that. Unfortunately,  I think we have to pass.

RNH is only on contract for 3 more years after this one. I was thinking of home being a temporary fixture until Pettersson  is ready to take over. Pettersson could play wing for a couple years while he adjust to ice size and grows into his frame. 

7 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

RNH is only on contract for 3 more years after this one. I was thinking of home being a temporary fixture until Pettersson  is ready to take over. Pettersson could play wing for a couple years while he adjust to ice size and grows into his frame. 

I wouldn't mind the nuge.  he could convert to wing if we needed him too.  Kid is uber smart and sees the ice really well.  He could still blossom hes still a young guy.  If he can squeeze out another 10-15 points that would put him in the 70 pts a year range.  thats pretty dang good.  The kid is only 24... Baer just started to make an impact at the nhl level at 23-24.  Nuge has 3 seasons of 50-57 points.  Hes a tad slight but would be a good fill in for when the twins start to phase out.  another smart good passer!

11 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I wouldn't mind the nuge.  he could convert to wing if we needed him too.  Kid is uber smart and sees the ice really well.  He could still blossom hes still a young guy.  If he can squeeze out another 10-15 points that would put him in the 70 pts a year range.  thats pretty dang good.  The kid is only 24... Baer just started to make an impact at the nhl level at 23-24.  Nuge has 3 seasons of 50-57 points.  Hes a tad slight but would be a good fill in for when the twins start to phase out.  another smart good passer!

Nuge is incredibly similar to Henrik in terms of play style and offensive output (currently) at least. He would fit in perfectly behind Bo next year. Oilers will have 20 million in cap space in order to fill 5 top 9 forward spots and 2 top 6 D spots. They need to replace RNH with a cheaper option (probably resign strome for under $3 mill per year). 

The only  my problem is the Canucks won’t be able to send much cap back the other way. This is why it may not work, because the oilers will most likely require prospects/picks in return :/

5 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

Nuge is incredibly similar to Henrik in terms of play style and offensive output (currently) at least. He would fit in perfectly behind Bo next year. Oilers will have 20 million in cap space in order to fill 5 top 9 forward spots and 2 top 6 D spots. They need to replace RNH with a cheaper option (probably resign strome for under $3 mill per year). 

The only  my problem is the Canucks won’t be able to send much cap back the other way. This is why it may not work, because the oilers will most likely require prospects/picks in return :/

Goldobin.  ? I would support that.  replace a guy having a hard time cracking the lineup for a plug and play former 1st overall play making center.

(not saying hes elite cuz he was 1st overall. but a darn good player none the less)

12 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Goldobin.  ? I would support that.  replace a guy having a hard time cracking the lineup for a plug and play former 1st overall play making center.

(not saying hes elite cuz he was 1st overall. but a darn good player none the less)

would have to be goldobin + +. maybe throw in a 2nd round pick and another young piece (not too sure who though, Virtanen?)

On 2018/1/15 at 12:41 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

thats probably true, but I still don't see Nurse ever putting up 20 goals. Believe me I don't want to see OEL go to Edmonton, but it makes so much sense to me anyway. They have all the pieces to make it happen and sometimes you have to trade quality for quality. 

maybe throw in Gretzky to save Arizona...oh wait...:ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Why would a team take our garbage plus a 1st for a top 3 defenceman?

This time of year this forum always seems to get extra stupid 

“Extra stupid?”

real professional there bro

garbage is stuff u wouldn’t take for free, somehow I think any team in the league would take Edler, Hutton 2019 unprotected first or Kole Lind for free...

5 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

“Extra stupid?”

real professional there bro

garbage is stuff u wouldn’t take for free, somehow I think any team in the league would take Edler, Hutton 2019 unprotected first or Kole Lind for free...

Ballard Raymond first for OEL

Throw in Chaput maybe 

Archived