The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report]  Sharks looking to trade vet D-man Paul Martin

32 minutes ago, mll said:

If he clears I would think that would make him very tradable. Someone could then stash him away if they are making a cup run and let him run with the team for the playoffs.

43 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

If he clears I would think that would make him very tradable. Someone could then stash him away if they are making a cup run and let him run with the team for the playoffs.

His cap hit is 4.85M for another season.  In the AHL he is still going to count for 3.825M against the cap.

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Hjalmarsson is the type of player you consider once you lose out on Martin after having earlier lost out on Gubby.   

I would be interested in him for VAN if we didn't have Juolevi on the rise.  Be a great addition to the backend.  Perhaps we could do an "Edler for Hjalmarsson" swap with some parts thrown in.  Would that be a good deal for us or them? or a wash?  I honestly do not know how good Hjalmarsson is outside of Chicago. I would like his name in a nux jersey tho! Looks goood.

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

I would be interested in him for VAN if we didn't have Juolevi on the rise.  Be a great addition to the backend.  Perhaps we could do an "Edler for Hjalmarsson" swap with some parts thrown in.  Would that be a good deal for us or them? or a wash?  I honestly do not know how good Hjalmarsson is outside of Chicago. I would like his name in a nux jersey tho! Looks goood.

I am not sure you want Hjalrmarsson as the player you remember as a Hawk has not materialized at all in the desert.   Not even remotely.   

Really hard to judge d-men properly these days, as its becoming more about the pairing than the individual.  I'd take a claim on Martin if I could swing a trade for a few d-men out and hopefully he has the same luck whispering to our d-men as he did to Burns.  If I'm not swinging a deal already, sit pat and see how this plays out.

Archived